Who we are
We are one of the largest property teams in Australia. We offer a full range of legal services to many of Australia’s leading property companies.
We act on many of the most significant sales and acquisitions in the market. We act on leasing portfolios nationally for major landlords. We advise on the full range of developments including mixed-use, commercial, industrial and residential projects.
With the increased need to provide clients with a wide range of property legal services, our team has a particular focus on being solution-focussed and ensuring that legal services are provided at agreed and consistent levels, whether for a complicated transaction or when managing a client’s portfolio.
What we do
Our expertise include:
- Property development
- Capital transactions
- Forced sales by mortgagee in possession, receivers and managers or liquidators
- Subdivisions, community title and strata schemes including establishment of titles, body corporate management, and sale of management rights
- Tax advice including CGT, land tax, GST and stamp duty.
We also advise on broad-acre subdivisions including contract negotiations, put and call options, easements and settlements.
We advise on infrastructure projects including transport, water, gas and electricity, and renewable energy. We provide advice in relation to listed and unlisted funds management and property trusts, syndication, funds management and securitisation. We also advise on Joint Ventures including incorporated and unincorporated developments, and structuring advice.
- Coca-Cola Amatil on the $157m sale and lease back of a Queensland manufacturing plant, incorporating a new state of the art distribution centre.
- ICD Property on the $340m sale of over 633 apartments over 65 levels at EQ Tower, Melbourne.
- Blackstone on the sale of 1 Castlereagh Street, Sydney to Early Light for $220m.
- GPT in relation to the lease of over 40,000sqm in Docklands, Victoria to an educational facility.
- Investa on the $335m sale of a Sydney CBD property at 20 Bridge Street to HK-based Early Light.
Our leasing expertise includes commercial, retail and industrial leasing on behalf of landlords and tenants.
Recent matters include:
- Acting for Goodman Group Limited in respect of industrial and commercial office leasing in New South Wales and Victoria.
- Acting for Investa Property Group on leasing and property requirements in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland (approximately 16 commercial and industrial buildings located in the Sydney, North Sydney and Brisbane CBDs).
- Acting for Blackstone/151 Property in respect of industrial leasing of assets and estates in New South Wales, Queensland and Western Australia.
- Acting for Leader AutaInvest (CIC), as managed by Mirvac, in leasing four commercial office buildings in Sydney and Brisbane.
- Acting for Mirvac in leasing two commercial office buildings in Sydney, including 60 Margaret Street.
- Acting for GPT in relation to the leasing of commercial office buildings and retail centres in Melbourne and Brisbane including 530 Collins Street Melbourne and 800 Bourke Street Docklands.
- Acting for Centuria in respect of commercial office, retail and industrial leasing of assets and estates in Western Australia, New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria.
Capital Transactions - Real Estate acquisition and disposals
Our capital transactions expertise includes major acquisitions and disposals including contract and option drafting, negotiation, and complex structuring.
Recent matters include:
- Acting for Switzerland-based AFIAA Foundation for the International Real Estate Investments (AFIAA) on a $300m asset swap, which saw the sale of a commercial property in Brisbane to M&G Real Estate Asia (M&G) and the purchase of a Melbourne CBD property from M&G.
- Acting for Blackstone/151 Property on the sale of 1 Castlereagh Street, Sydney and the sale of No.1 Brisbane comprising three commercial office buildings on the corner of Queen and George Streets, Brisbane.
- Acting for Investa on the sale of the ASX Building, 20 Bridge Street, Sydney.
- Acting for LOGOS on the acquisition of the Kmart Distribution Centre in Trugania.
- Acting for Coca Cola Amatil on the sale and lease back of its QLD manufacturing and distribution centre in Richlands to Charter Hall, comprising a site of 24 hectares.
- Acting for Primewest (now Centuria) on the acquisition of Newspaper House, Byford Village Shopping Centre and Greenfields Shopping Centre.
Our development expertise includes:
- Residential and retail developments including engagement of consultants, contract preparation, negotiation and settlements
- Planning and environment advice and assistance on development applications, appeals and infrastructure charging
- Hotels, resorts and entertainment developments.
Recent matters include:
- Advising ICD Property in relation to its 1000 lot subdivision with ancillary town centre commercial assets in Fyansford, Victoria, and in relation to EQ Tower, Melbourne (over 600 apartments).
- Acting for Mulpha Australia Limited on various aspects of Norwest Business Park (one of Sydney’s largest business estates) for approximately 10 years, including development of the latest precinct “Circa”.
- Acting for ICD Property in the redevelopment on Pitt Street (Tattersalls complex in CBD, 420+ apartments and existing commercial uses in a stratum development).
- Acting for BPM in relation to the Shadowplay Apartments, comprising over 470 residential units and a hotel.