Mitchell acts for national and local property syndicators and developers on all stages of the property development lifecycle, including undertaking due diligence during the pre-acquisition phase, contract negotiations and settlement during the acquisition phase, assisting with subdivision and town planning, preparing and negotiating agreements for lease and leases during construction or following the acquisition phase, and contract negotiations and settlement during the disposal phase.
Mitchell is proactive in advising his clients on the fundamental legal issues associated with a transaction to ensure transactions are dealt with efficiently, at the lowest cost and prioritising his clients’ key commercial objectives and outcomes.
He provides his clients with sound legal advice in a prompt manner and in plain English in order to strengthen his clients’ position to achieve the best outcomes possible.
Mitchell’s expertise includes:
- Undertaking property due diligence for disposals and acquisitions of residential, commercial office and industrial properties
- Preparing, negotiating and completing residential, commercial and industrial property sale and disposal documentation
- Acting for landlords and tenants, including advising on lease interpretation, drafting leases and ancillary lease documents and advising on disclosure and other statutory requirements under the Commercial Tenancy (Retail Shops) Agreements Act
- Preparing greenfields subdivision development documents, including restrictive covenants, easements, adjoining owner agreements, works and servicing agreements and joint venture agreements
- Preparing complex off the plan strata contracts and ancillary documents for residential and mixed use strata developments
- Advising on ongoing vendor disclosure obligations under the Strata Titles Act and key risk mitigation strategies
- Advising on statutory and planning issues associated with residential and strata subdivisions
- Negotiating statutory clearances with key statutory stakeholders and related parties.
- Acting for a listed company and a managed fund on the acquisition of West Perth office assets, including 66 Kings Park Road, West Perth and 1162 Hay Street, West Perth.
- Acting for a listed company on the acquisition of Greenfields Mandurah Shopping Centre.
- Acting for a listed company on the acquisition of industrial assets including Newspaper House, Osborne Park and four industrial assets in Canning Vale.
- Acting for a listed company on the acquisition of multiple large format retail and retail centre development sites in Ellenbrook, Western Australia.
- Acting for multiple national landlord clients of Premium and A Grade in the Perth CBD.
- Acting on the development and sale of the Overton Terraces boutique apartment development in Cottesloe, Western Australia.
- Acting on the development and sale of The Pocket apartment development in Claremont, Western Australia.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Leasing Law & Real Property Law, Best Lawyers
- Property and Real Estate Rising Star, Australia, Doyles Guide