Tim is a real estate specialist with expertise in sales, acquisitions, leasing and master planned projects.
Tim provides his clients with a range of real estate legal services and resources ranging from leading transactions to developing systems and precedents for specific projects.
When providing legal services to his clients, Tim has a particular focus on ensuring that they are provided at agreed and consistent levels, whether for a complex transaction or in managing a client’s portfolio.
Tim’s clients include Real Estate Investment Trusts, foreign and domestic property funds, investment managers, developers, domestic and international corporations.
Tim’s expertise includes:
- Acting on sale and acquisition, joint venture or co-ownership, of commercial, retail, industrial and residential development assets
- Acting for landlords on the leasing of their assets, whether commercial office, industrial or retail assets, and includes portfolios of assets
- Acting on major and stream leasing and setting up systems for the management of volume leasing
- Structuring and implementing development projects – either stand alone or with a mix of Torrens, Community and Strata Title.
- Acting for 151 Property / Blackstone Real Estate on the sale of No.1 Brisbane comprising three commercial office buildings on the corner of Queen and George Streets, Brisbane.
- Acting for LOGOS on the acquisition of the Kmart Distribution Centre in Truganina.
- Acting for Coca-Cola Amatil on the sale and 20 year lease back of its Queensland Manufacturing Plant and Distribution Centre at Richlands to Charter Hall, comprising a site of 24 hectares.
- Acting for Investa Property Group on the sale of the ASX Building, 20 Bridge Street, Sydney for $325m.
- Acting for Blackstone Real Estate on the sale 1 Castlereagh Street, Sydney to Early Light.
- Acting on the acquisition of the Tigers Leagues Club in Rozelle, Sydney, being significant development site.
- Acting for Country Garden, a leading Hong Kong listed developer, on the acquisition of a 99 hectare development site in Sydney.
- Acting for Far East Organization on the leasing and asset management of their portfolio in New South Wales including sites such as Westin Hotel, and the adjoining GPO Retail at No.1 Martin Place Sydney.
- Advising Mulpha Australia over many years in relation to the development of Norwest Business Park, one of Sydney’s largest business estates.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Lawyer of the Year, Leasing Law, The Best Lawyers in Australia
- Recognised Lawyer, Real Property Law and Leasing Law, The Best Lawyers in Australia
- Recommended Lawyer, Real Estate, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Notable Practitioner, Real Estate, Chambers Asia-Pacific.
- Recommended Lawyer, Property, Doyle’s Guide.
- Finalist, Real Estate, Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards 2018.