James is a trusted advisor to many of Australia’s largest institutional and private property investors and developers. He has a strong commercial focus and a proven ability to work with key managers.
James is valued by his clients for his efficiency, and his understanding of complex matters.
He has extensive experience in substantial sales and acquisitions, due diligence, residential property development and commercial leasing.
James’ clients include institutional developers such as GPT, Mirvac, Charter Hall and Investa and private clients such as BPM, Lechte Corporation and Milieu as well as the ANZ Bank on leasing matters.
James’ expertise includes:
- Acquisition and sale of residential, commercial and industrial development sites
- Due diligence of property assets
- All aspects of residential property development through to settlement
- Large-scale residential towers
- Commercial leasing including those with complex fitout processes
- Joint ventures and structuring
- Shopping centres and bulky goods stores
- Community master plans.
- Acting for BPM on a range of projects, but most recently ‘Shadow Play’ – a 486 apartment tower and hotel.
- Acting for GPT in relation to its lease of 750 Collins Street Docklands to Monash College. At 41,000 square meters, this was one of the largest leasing projects in Australia.
- Acting for GPT on the purchase of several industrial and commercial assets.
- Acting for various developers (Chinese, Malaysian, Singaporean and local) on their purchase and development of multi-storey and green-acre residential sites (acquisition, subdivision, titling and off the plan sales).
- Acting for ANZ Bank Limited on its leasing portfolio.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended Lawyer, Real Estate, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Recommended Lawyer, Leasing Law and Real Property Law, Best Lawyers in Australia.
- Lawyer of the Year, Leasing Law, Best Lawyers in Australia.
- Recommended Lawyer, Property, Doyle’s Guide.
- Recognised Lawyer, Leasing Law and Real Property Law, Best Lawyers in Australia.