Rachael has over 20 years’ experience in the areas of workplace relations and employment and has acted as a prosecutor for WorkCover NSW (now known as SafeWork NSW) and the NSW Food Authority. She acts for several self insurers in the areas of employment and workers compensation. Rachael's practice covers the litigious and advisory workplace spectrum, and she has particular expertise in workplace litigation including discrimination, bullying, termination disputes and workers compensation.
Clients value Rachael's straight talking, solutions-oriented approach. They also appreciate that she combines her technical knowledge of workers compensation and workplace law when advising employers - an asset when it comes to workplace investigations in respect to misconduct or complaints of bullying and harassment. Rachael is also an accomplished and sought after speaker at industry seminars, and enjoys delivering workplace training.
Rachael’s expertise includes:
- Employment and Workplace Relations
- Enterprise Bargaining and Agreement making
- Work, Health & Safety Investigations and Prosecutions
- Defence of SafeWork Investigations & Prosecutions
- Workers Compensation, Work Injury Damages Claims and Recoveries
- Prosecution and Defence of Food Act Prosecutions
- Discrimination/Equal Opportunity Law
- Conducting investigations into allegations of unlawful discrimination, workplace bullying & other workplace complaints.
- Advising in respect to judicial review of Medical Assessment conducted in the Workers Compensation Commission.
- Advising in respect to substantive and choice of law issues in respect to workers compensation coverage.
- Advising major aged care provider on enterprise agreement and advocacy before Fair Work Commission for approval.
- Conducting workplace investigations into allegations of unlawful discrimination, workplace bullying, and various forms of unlawful conduct for a major pharmaceutical company.
- Acting for ferry operator in disputes over investigations of misconduct and termination of employment before Fair Work Commission involving the CFMMEU.
- Advising and action for major infrastructure company in respect to workplace complaints of bullying and harassment, workers compensation claims and employment related issues.
- Conduct of adverse action proceedings involving termination relating to political opinion and breach of code of conduct by employee.
- Acting for one of the big four banks in respect to reinstatement of injured worker claim and successfully defending claim before Industrial Relations Commission of NSW.
- Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety ,