Bhavini is an experienced property lawyer who specialises in real estate capital transactions across a range of asset classes and sectors, including office, industrial and logistics, retail and data centre. She acts on market-leading real estate acquisitions and disposals as well as on major leasing, joint ventures and capital partnerships, and other real estate projects.
Bhavini is recognised for the depth of her knowledge in capital transactions, and her ability to balance outstanding legal skills with commercial acumen, to deliver successful outcomes for her clients while ensuring their interests are protected.
Bhavini has acted for a range of institutional clients, including domestic and foreign real estate investment trusts, fund managers, sovereign wealth funds, corporations, developers and private equity groups.
Bhavini’s experience includes working as senior legal counsel for the transactions team at one of Australia’s largest real estate fund managers.
Bhavini’s expertise includes:
- direct and indirect acquisitions and disposals of real estate
- real estate joint ventures and capital partnerships
- major leases and agreements for lease
- real estate projects
- advising on the Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Act and regulations, including advising in relation to obtaining FIRB no-objection notifications and exemption certificates
- advising on real estate aspects of corporate and M&A transactions
- Advising AIP on the disposal of 4 office assets in New South Wales, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory to Charter Hall Group
- Advising Hines Group on the establishment of an Australian real estate fund and the acquisition of 50 Ann Street, Brisbane
- Advising Altis Property Partners on a real estate joint venture with Frasers Property, in relation to the acquisition and development of industrial assets at the Mamre Road precinct in Western Sydney
- Advising Futuro Capital on the establishment of a real estate joint venture, and the acquisition and lease-back of the RMIT Building and the acquisition of Tivoli Arcade at 235 Bourke Street, Melbourne
- Acting on acquisitions, disposals and lease-backs for various Charter Hall office, industrial and retail funds, including Chifley Tower, Sydney, 10-12 Shelley Street, Sydney, 201 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, 242 Exhibition Street, Melbourne and the Arnotts facility in Huntingwood
- Acting for Australian Fresh Milk Holdings on the purchase of Coomboona Dairy, Goulburn Valley
- Acting for Blackstone Tactical Operations and DCI Technology Holdings LLC on data centre acquisitions in NSW and SA
- Acting for National Pension Scheme of Korea in relation to the leasing of Aurora Place, Sydney
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Rising Star, Australian Property and Real Estate, Doyles Guide