Patrick has over 20 years’ experience in property law and commercial law, working mainly in Western Australia but also in Melbourne, Sydney and London.
He brings particular expertise in complex sales, joint venture and leasing transactions. Patrick is renowned for his skills and experience in conducting due diligence, negotiating sales contracts and structuring transactions. This is predominantly in the property industry but also more broadly in other commercial transactions.
He is known for his commercial, strategic and solutions-based approach to all matters and exceptional client service. He prides himself on applying his experience and knowledge to achieve the best commercial outcomes for his clients.
Patrick is also known for his clear and concise drafting style and efficient negotiation skills.
Patrick’s clients include listed and unlisted REITs, national and local property developers and landlords and property agencies, as well as state government agencies and local government councils.
Patrick’s expertise includes:
- Sales and acquisitions of commercial property (office, retail, industrial)
- Leasing (office, retail, industrial)
- Joint ventures
- Structural advice
- Strata titles, subdivisions and off the plan sales
- Business acquisition and sales
- Planning and environmental law
- Liquor Licensing
- Banking and Finance.
- Acting on acquisition of two CBD office buildings and a regional shopping centre exceeding $120m in value.
- Advising on one of the largest mixed use residential/retail/commercial developments in Western Australia.
- Acting on the acquisition of a 50% interest in a CBD building for $150m.
- Acting on the acquisition of several mixed commercial and retail assets across Australia for an ASX-listed company prior to its $2.6bn listing.
- Advising BHP Billiton on the sale of its industrial land and business assets in Kwinana involving complex State agreements, leasehold and rail access arrangements.
- Acting on the disposition of the East Perth Power Station involving complex environmental and policy issues.
- Advising LandCorp in relation to the Karratha ‘Cities of the North’ project.
- Leading Lawyer, Property, Doyle’s Guide.