Stephen has established a reputation as a 'go to' lawyer for property matters in South Australia. He has significant experience in major project work, property development and market-leading acquisitions and divestments across a range of asset classes. Stephen acts for a number of Australia's largest institutional landlords, ASX-listed companies and private property investors and developers.
Stephen provides comprehensive transaction advisory support for urban infill projects, purpose-built commercial/industrial/residential developments and master planned communities. In addition, he manages landlord and tenant portfolio leasing services in the commercial, retail and industrial sectors.
Stephen’s in-depth knowledge and unwavering dedication to client service has created strong and enduring relationships with major organisations and Commonwealth/State government agencies. Stephen’s clients put a high value on his technical capability, transactional experience, responsiveness and commercially pragmatic advice.
Stephen’s expertise includes:
- Real estate projects involving complex development and land facilitation agreements
- Fund through acquisitions and disposals of land
- Capital transactions across a range of asset classes
- Ownership and development structuring (including joint ventures and co-ownership)
- Due diligence
- Contract/tender advice and preparation
- Torrens and community title land divisions
- Off-the-plan sales contracts for master planned communities and volume conveyancing services for settlements and encumbrance management
- Major leases and agreements for lease
- Commercial, industrial and retail stream leasing and setting up systems for the management of volume leasing for landlords and tenants
- Adelaide Oval: Advised on the development of the iconic Oval Hotel from its inception to completion.
- Axiom Properties: Acted in the fund through divestments of the South Australian Emergency Services Command Centre and the Butler Homemaker Centre.
- Renewal SA: Advised on the sale and development of the Glenside site, a significant urban infill project for the State.
- Quintessential Equity: Acting in respect of all of QE’s South Australian property dealings, including the development of the $400 million Entrepreneur and Innovation Centre at Lot Fourteen, the acquisitions of CBD office towers at 30 Pirie Street, 100 and 431 King William Street, Adelaide and the purchase of a significant industrial facility at Port Adelaide
- Channel Nine: Advised on the development of its studio complex in Perth and the divestment of land in North Adelaide.
- Flinders Ports: Managing the industrial leasing portfolio of over 160 sites across seven ports for the State’s largest private port operator.
- Commonwealth of Australia: Acting for Ministerial and Parliamentary Services regarding its leasing portfolio in South Australia.
- The Salvation Army: Acted in relation to its national leasing portfolio for Salvos Stores.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended Lawyer, Property, Doyle’s Guide
- Recognised Lawyer, Real Property Law, The Best Lawyers in Australia
- Property ,