Matthew is a real estate expert with more than 15 years’ experience.
Matthew specialises in a range of property and construction related matters, from acquisitions and disposals through to development of commercial, industrial and mixed use development sites having acted for government authorities, state owned corporations, institutional investors and private clients.
Matthew is well regarded for providing practical and strategic legal advice on a wide range of development work. He has a deep understanding of the approval and constructions phases of development work having worked very closely with clients to settle applications, construction access licences and construction contacts.
Matthew’s expertise includes:
- Acting on acquisition and disposal of commercial, retail, industrial and residential development assets
- Preparation of bid documents
- Acting for landlords and tenants in leasing commercial office, industrial or retail assets, and includes advice on make good disputes and tenant defaults
- Structuring and implementing development projects including joint ventures, development management agreements and project delivery agreements
- Advising clients on all forms of title and land uses including crown land, roads, leasing, property due diligence, easements, covenants and subdivisions
- Acting on the development of large-scale industrial assets at Erskine Park, including development work, easements, subdivisions and agreements to lease and leases for, Fire and Rescue NSW’s training centre, warehouses, high bay warehouses and data centre.
- Acting for on the acquisition and leaseback (from Village Roadshow) of Movie World, Wet ‘n’ Wild World and Outback Spectacular.
- Acting on the acquisition of national industrial portfolio with 10 sites.
- Acting on the acquisition of ANZ Tower, Cnr Collins and Queens Street, Melbourne being a commercial office tower with leaseback arrangements on a short terms basis for office space and leases in perpetuity for the heritage listed bank.
- Acting on the acquisition of large-scale site in western Sydney for construction of a large industrial facility via a fund through model.
- Acting for developers on government bids for the development and lease back of commercial offices, development sites and over station developments.
- Property ,