Tony has a wealth of expertise in all aspects of property law. He has over 25 years’ experience in commercial and retail property work, with a particular and highly regarded expertise in leasing and portfolio management. He has acted for the owners of large commercial and retail portfolios.
Tony is very highly regarded for his exceptional client service and thorough approach to property and leasing solutions. He acts for many national and Queensland based institutional and privately owned corporations in relation to their ongoing space requirements and property portfolios.
Some of Tony’s major clients include Sonic Healthcare Limited, Brisbane Airport Corporation, 151 Property (previously Valad), Investa, Mirvac and Alpha Flight Services Pty Ltd.
Tony’s expertise includes:
- Commercial, industrial and retail leasing for institutional clients and other ASX listed and local property companies, extending to the management of their leasing portfolios
- Strong background in advising corporates on their space requirements starting from letters of offer and heads of agreement and all negotiations through to final settled lease
- Strong background in commercial CBD leasing as well as retail shopping centre leasing from both landlord and tenant perspective
- All other aspects of property law including acquisitions, disposals, easements and subdivisions including body corporate structuring.
- Acting for 151 Property (previously known as Valad Property Group) and responsible for preparation of commercial and retail lease documents for numerous commercial buildings in the Brisbane CBD including 127 Creek Street, 40 Tank Street, 60 and 370 Queen Street and 217 and 231 George Street.
- Acting for Investa and their Brisbane CBD buildings at 140 Creek Street, 295 Ann Street, 232 Adelaide Street, 15 Adelaide Street, 239 George Street and Kings Row, Coronation Drive.
- Acting for Mirvac through their management of 410 Ann Street, Brisbane and continuing the leasing for this building after the sale of this building by Investa.
- Acted for Abacus Property Group – the leasing of 2 major shopping centres in South East Queensland being Oasis Shopping Centre at Broadbeach and Lutwyche City Shopping Centre in Lutwyche, Brisbane.
- Acting for Sonic Healthcare Limited and its affiliate, Sullivan Nicolaides – two of Australia’s leading pathology companies, with premises across Queensland and northern New South Wales.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recognised Lawyer, Real Property Law, Leasing Law and Government Practice, Best Lawyers in Australia.
- Recommended Lawyer, Leasing, Doyle’s Guide.