Richard primarily advises Australian and international corporate occupiers across a range of projects including commercial/industrial leasing, sales and acquisitions and all aspects of property law.
In acting for some of Australia’s largest corporate occupiers, he regularly advises on agreements for lease, development agreements, agency agreements, licences, incentive arrangements and contracts for the sale and purchase of property.
Richard is known for his responsiveness and for providing advice that is understandable and commercial. He deals with matters as efficiently as possible by arranging meetings of parties where practicable to agree on terms rather than the delays associated with multiple rounds of “mark-ups” between parties.
Richard’s clients include professional service firms, manufacturers, developers, government authorities and ASX listed companies.
Richard’s expertise includes:
- Commercial, industrial and retail leasing.
- Commercial and industrial sales and acquisitions.
- Telecommunication leasing, licensing and tower management.
- General real estate law such as easements.
- Applications to the Foreign Investment Review Board.
- Working closely with construction lawyers on ensuring no gaps between lease arrangements and construction contracts.
- Acting for ASX listed tech company on establishment of new multi-level head offices in Sydney and Melbourne.
- Acting for bank in the taking of new lease for 10 levels of Sydney office tower.
- Acting for supermarket in the negotiation of agreements for lease and lease for sites across NSW.
- Acting for developer in the negotiation of option to purchase, joint venture/partitioning agreement, purchase and development of land.
- Acting for US multi-national in the disposal of manufacturing facilities.
- Acting for NSW government authorities in the taking up of leased space and development of pro-forma lease documents.
- Assisting NSW government agency on the management of its portfolio of radio communication sites throughout NSW.
- Assisting on the due diligence aspects of the acquisition of telecommunication base stations including advising on structuring of the tower leasehold arrangements post acquisition.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended Lawyer, Leasing Law, The Best Lawyers Australia
- Banking & Financial Institutions ,
- Public Sector ,
- Projects & Construction ,
- Property ,
- Telecommunications, Media & Technology ,
- Property ,