Heath has in excess of 15 years’ experience in providing responsive, strategic and pragmatic advice to a range of clients on all aspects of real estate investment, occupation and development.
Heath has particular experience in retail, commercial and industrial leasing, acting for landlords and tenants nationally. Heath also assists clients with the acquisition, development and disposal of residential, commercial, retail and industrial property assets.
Heath is valued by his clients for his deep understanding of their businesses and objectives, and is a trusted advisor to a number of ASX-listed, institutional and private clients.
Heath’s expertise includes:
- Commercial, retail and industrial leasing and licensing of land and buildings for landlords and tenants
- Major property disposals and acquisitions, including property due diligence audits
- Establishing body corporate community title schemes, including subdivision by standard format plan and strata plan
- Structuring tenure in freehold and leasehold developments
- Drafting of registered and ‘off‑the‑plan’ disposal and acquisition documentation including options to purchase
- Advice on land tenure issues in relation to real property legislation and contracts
- Development of joint venture and ongoing leasehold, user agreements and licences
- Property development agreements
- Land and access agreements, including preparation of building management statements
- Tax, stamp duty, GST implications of property transactions
- Advising Fletcher Building Australia in relation to the corporate property requirements and ongoing leasing matters.
- Advising on the redevelopment and leasing of CBD office buildings.
- Acted in the development and leasing of Gasworks Newstead for FKP Commercial Developments (now Aveo).
- Acting for major financial institutions in relation to the sale of distressed property assets.
- Advising developers on property transactions involving residential retail, commercial and industrial (including mixed-use) property assets.
- Property ,