Who we are
We understand the sensitive nature of family law matters. Our objective is to provide straightforward advice, while minimising client stress.
Based in Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney and Perth, our Accredited Family Law Specialists provide comprehensive advice with respect to all family law issues.
We are leaders in the practice of collaborative family law, an innovative method of resolving family law disputes focusing on negotiation and encouraging participants to make decisions that are of mutual benefit. Many of our lawyers are also mediators. We are recognised as leading family lawyers by Doyle’s Guide and Best Lawyers. We regularly present seminars and provide continuing legal education to our peers.
What we do
Our expertise includes:
- Financial matters such as the division of assets including complex trust structures, companies and businesses, bankruptcy and the splitting of superannuation entitlements
- Financial agreements including pre-nuptial agreements
- Parenting matters, including parental responsibility, living arrangements for children and time they spend with each parent
- Divorce, including applying and settling divorce in Australia, and advice with respect to child support and spousal maintenance matters
- Children’s welfare matters including custody rights
- Injunctions and personal protection orders.
Plain English Guides
- Parenting Issues
- Child Support
- Property Settlement under the Family Law Act
- Pre Nuptial and Pre Relationship Financial Agreements
- Collaborative Law
- Joint Tenancy / Tenancy in Common
- Parenting Plans
- Superannuation and Property Settlement
- Spousal Maintenance in Australia
- Steps to be taken upon separation
- Minimising your legal fees
- Before you file in the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia