Sally has extensive experience advising on all aspects of family and relationship law including across state and international boundaries in respect of financial, parenting and child support disputes from initial advice to final resolution and documentation.
Sally brings exceptional practical ‘hands on’ experience in conducting complex family law litigation, particularly in matters with intricate corporate or trust structures, involving third parties, business valuation disputes and questions of jurisdiction.
She has particular expertise in private mediation and is known for her strategic negotiation skills in resolving technical and often multi layered disputes at an early stage by taking a common sense, commercial and pragmatic approach to problem solving to ensure speedy and cost effective outcomes for her clients.
Sally is a member and volunteer of the Fitzroy Legal Service including its LGBTIQ specialist advisory service/team, as well as a Director to the Board of LifeWorks relationship and counselling service.
Sally’s expertise includes:
- Mediation and Alternative/Family Dispute Resolution processes
- Parenting advice and orders including surrogacy arrangements
- Property settlements and spousal maintenance including ‘Big Money’ cases
- Drafting of settlement documentation including Court Orders; Financial Agreements and Child Support Agreements
- Child Support advice and disputes including administrative assessments and departure applications under the Child Support (Assessment) Act 1989
- Divorce advice and applications
- LGBTIQ issues, agreements and advice on separation
- Family violence and intervention orders under the Family Violence Protection Act 2008
- Acting in all matters brought under the Family Law Act 1975 before the Magistrates’, Federal Circuit and/or Family Courts including those requiring urgent interim orders such as injunctions.
- Acting on a international relocation case involving the permanent relocation of a client’s children from Australia to Egypt.
- Acting on a case involving the valuation and sale of a client’s minority interest in a Franchise business involving third parties.
- Advising a high net worth client on and drafting a complex Financial Agreement involving significant assets held in various corporate or trust structures in Australia and overseas including considering taxation consequences of the proposed settlement.
- Advising a client on and drafting a Binding Child Support Agreement including the treatment of periodic and non-periodic/lump sum payments and terminating events as well as international enforcement issues.
- Assisting a client in a same sex relationship to successfully resolve an acrimonious parenting dispute involving allegations of family violence and drafting appropriate final parenting orders.
- Accredited Family Law Specialist since 2003.
- Recommended Lawyer, Family Law, Best Lawyers in Australia.
- Family Law ,