Susan Warda is team leader of the Sydney Family Law practice. Susan has particular expertise in family law matters that involve complex financial issues, including property settlements that incorporate family businesses, multiple assets and superannuation splitting. Susan is an Accredited Specialist in Family Law, and was named 2013 Woman Lawyer of the Year in Private Practice by the Women Lawyers Association of NSW.
Susan has been endorsed as a Leading Family Lawyer (High-Value & Complex Property Matters) in Doyle’s Guide 2018, as well as a Recommended Sydney Family & Divorce Lawyer in Doyle’s Guide 2019. She has also been named as a Recommended Family Lawyer (Sydney) by Best Lawyers in their 2019, 2020 and 2021 list.
Susan also has extensive experience in resolving family law matters outside of the Court system. She is a trained collaborative law practitioner and is able to help clients resolve their disputes without having to be involved in costly and time-consuming litigation. As well as property and financial issues, Susan also acts for parents in Hague Convention Applications, and matters concerning parenting arrangements, child support and de facto relationship cases.
Susan’s expertise includes:
- Property & financial matters
- Hague Convention Applications
- Parenting arrangements
- Child support matters
- De facto relationship matters
- Advising on a number of matters involving couple-operated family businesses.
- Advising on an increasing number of cases involving Third Parties in the Family Court.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Past Chair of the Austlaw Board, an association of independent law firms located throughout NSW, Victoria, Queensland and the ACT
- Founding member, Western Sydney Collaborative Family Lawyers network
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Director, Variety Asia Pacific Regional Council
- Vice-President to the Board, NSW Collaborative Professional Inc. in 2017
- Leading Family Lawyer (High-Value & Complex Property Matters), Doyle’s Guide
- Recognised Lawyer, Family Law, The Best Lawyers in Australia
- Recommended Lawyer, Family & Divorce Law, Doyle’s Guide 2019
- Family Law ,