Susannah brings deep understanding and extensive practical experience to her role in Family Law, covering all aspects of relationship issues and their legal implications. This includes financial separation; the best arrangements for children, cohabitation agreements and conflict resolution.
A key focus of Susannah’s practice is that of post-separation and the rearrangement of matters at the end of a marriage. She has worked with professional families that move around the world and is particularly interested in international arrangements for children and the resolution of relocation disputes in an increasingly mobile world.
Susannah’s approach in her client relationships is to help her clients find the best solutions for them following relationship breakdown or when entering a new, committed relationship so they can move forward and transition to the next stage of their lives.
Susannah’s expertise includes:
- Advocacy skills gained as former barrister practising in United Kingdom
- Conflict resolution skills as a Mediator trained in dispute resolution and the identification of high conflict situations
- Comprehensive understanding of financial structures such as companies and trusts having been a General Counsel of a corporate group for 5 years
- Forensic skills developed over many years of financial litigation
- Specialist interest in international families and relocation of children
- Susannah has been in legal practice in UK and NSW for over 20 years.
- Principal at Quinn Legal Advisory, Sydney, 2015-2022 – providing Family Law advice, mediation, and litigation, and specialising in international families, complex assets and high conflict strategies.
- General Counsel at Crescendo Partners, Sydney, 2007-2011 – Acquisition, Investment and Consulting Practice.
- Advising on later-life financial agreements that accommodate blended families
- Assisted client wishing to remain overseas with child post pandemic
- Taking asset protection steps to preserve marital assets
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- LLB Hons, Kings College, London.
- Bar Finals, Middle Temple London, 1990 (English barrister).
- Solicitors Finals, Law Society of England and Wales (English Solicitor) 1994.
- Solicitors Finals, Law Society of NSW, Australia (NSW Solicitor) 2004.
- Family Law ,