Who we are
We have a strong pro-development focus. We have a proven track record in acting in all aspects of land use and property development and in specialist planning and environment court and tribunal proceedings.
We offer a full suite of planning and environmental services to a spectrum of clients, including developers, landowners, property investors, hoteliers and consultants.
We understand the priorities of our clients and the complexity of the issues in this field. We have extensive legal experience and a strong grasp of the inherent commercial considerations. This provides our clients with the reassurance that they will achieve the best possible legal outcomes.
What we do
Our lawyers act at every stage of the process. This includes:
- Initial advice to help determine the viability of a project
- The preparation of planning and development applications
- Representing client interests at tribunal, panel and court hearings
- Providing advice and representation if problems arise when implementing planning and environmental approvals
- Dealing with any other public law issues that arise in the process of developing and using land.
Our expertise includes development consents, planning permits and development permits; environmental, nature resource and land use approvals; strategic and statutory land use planning and land contamination, pollution incidents and claims of nuisance.
- Representing Payce in relation to the remediation of approximately 25 hectares of industrial land in Sydney for purpose of future rezoning to High Density Residential and construction of approximately 4000 dwellings.
- Representing AZX Group in relation to obtaining planning approval for a 48 storey mixed use building comprising residential and retail in the Melbourne CBD, which involved achieving a negotiated outcome with the Minister for Planning at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Representing Deicorp in relation to a $200m mixed use development of the Kirrawee Brick Pit site in the Sutherland Shire, Sydney.
- Representing Opal Aged Care in relation to high density aged care facility at West Ryde, Sydney, including complex appeal proceedings relating to the permissibility of certain development under the Seniors SEPP in NSW.