Rayne offers over 20 years of specialist, strategic Planning and Environment expertise. Rayne is recognised for providing strategic, commercial and outcome-driven solutions in all aspects of planning and environment law.
Rayne’s experience includes major commercial, residential and industrial projects on behalf of property developers, landowners, investors and local authorities across Queensland.
Rayne is practiced in undertaking a broad range of appeal in the Court for an extensive range of development proposals. Rayne provides commercially driven advice on front end development issues including complex development applications and due diligence investigations. He also has key competencies in respect of infrastructure projects, vegetation clearing, contaminated land, heritage and land resumption.
Rayne has a reputation for providing astute and commercially realistic advice and for vigorously protecting and advancing his client's interests.
Rayne’s expertise includes:
- Land Development under the Planning Act 2016
- Planning & Environment Court litigation
- Master planned communities
- Coastal development
- Challenging infrastructure charges, negotiating infrastructure agreements for major/truck infrastructure
- Prosecuting and defending development, land use and environmental offences
- Resumption of Land
- Environmental Law including Vegetation Clearing, Water & Climate Change & Renewable Energy
- Glamston v 11 Ludlow Pty Ltd & Anor brought unique proceedings in the Court seeking to overturn Council’s decision to approve a four-story mixed-use development on the riverfront at Bulimba.
- Burleigh Tower challenged and succeeded in removing Council’s Vegetation Protection Order over a single Norfolk Island pine on the development site.
- Acting on behalf of Palmer Leisure Australia Pty Ltd regarding Council’s refusal of a preliminary approval for residential and commercial activities on the Palmer Colonial Golf Course.
- The Hill, Algester – advised on the provision of trunk recreational infrastructure during the development application, in turn doubling the infrastructure offset for the park and an early refund of infrastructure charges credits.
- Advising Yatala Enterprise Area since 2005, in respect of industrial development of land.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recognised Lawyer, Planning and Environment Law, The Best Lawyers Australia
- Queensland Law Society
- Queensland Environment Law Association
- Presented at the Legalwise Property Law Forum 2021 – Planning, Property and Your Practice: Recent Developments
- Planning & Environment ,