Anthony is a founding partner of the Mills Oakley Planning and Environment team. He has specialised in environmental, planning, and local government laws for 20 years. Anthony is renowned for his ability to obtain development approvals for his clients, often via Land and Environment Court proceedings, to facilitate appropriate property development and overcome red tape and delays.
Anthony is an Accredited Local Government and Planning Law Specialist, and is widely recognised as an expert in negotiating all aspects and stages of planning approvals, including rezonings, LEP amendments, and preparing Voluntary Planning Agreements. His wide recognition within the planning and development industry in NSW enables him to effectively represent his clients’ interests in negotiating with government authorities to achieve best possible outcomes.
Anthony’s ability to achieve outstanding results reflects his deep belief that planning laws should be applied flexibly on a case-by-case basis, rather than a ‘tick-the-box’ approach requiring strict numerical compliance for compliances’ sake.
Anthony’s expertise includes:
- Land use and property development – acting for developers, landowners, property investors, hoteliers, and consultants
- Appeals to the Land and Environment Court in relation to development applications
- Contaminated land litigation
- Land tax (land valuation) appeals
- Development issues relating to licenses premises (bars, hotels, and clubs)
- Compulsory land acquisition compensation claims
- Planning Agreements
- Minimising developer Contributions
- Representing landowners in relation to Council Orders and prosecutions
- Easements and restrictive covenants on title
- Acting for Payce and Deicorp as the developers of the $200+ million developmentof the Kirrawee Brick Pit site.
- Representing Mulpha with high-density residential development applications and Planning Proposals across landholdings in Norwest, comprising several thousand apartments.
- Representing the owner of the Roxy Theatre site in Land and Environment Court proceedings regarding a proposed high-rise tower above the heritage item.
- Representing ICD Property on the proposed tower redevelopment of the City Tattersals Club site in Sydney.
- Achieving approval of a large Dan Murphy’s retail outlet at the former Randwick Rugby Club site for Woolworths Ltd.
- Representing Payce and Reckitt Benckiser in relation to the remediation of 25 hectares of industrial land at Melrose Park for future rezoning which led to approximately 4000 new dwellings, new community facilities and public parks.
- Frequently acting for owners and developers in Court appeals relating to small – scale development projects such as single dwelling houses, dual occupancies, and subdivisions.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Preemminent, Planning and Environment Law, Doyle’s Guide
- Recognised Lawyer, Government Practice, Land Use and Zoning Law, Government Law, Planning and Environment Law, The Best Lawyers in Australia
- Finalist, Planning and Environment Partner of the Year, Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards
- Recognised Lawyer, Planning and Environment Law, Best Lawyers in Australia
- Planning & Environment ,