Aaron has a thorough understanding of the issues specific to property development and land ownership.
Aaron provides practical advice to facilitate urban development and to overcome red tape. He is well known for his ability to spot the issues that others have missed – delivering a faster and more commercial outcome. He regularly appears in the Land and Environment Court.
Aaron advises and represents property developers, certifying authorities and public sector organisations. Aaron was a member of the Law Society’s Environmental Planning and Development Committee from 2009 to 2016.
Aaron frequently appears at seminars and industry events as an expert speaker on planning and environment law.
Aaron’s expertise includes:
- Greenfield development
- Infill development, including the residential, retail, commercial and industrial sectors
- Development consents
- Planning controls (including rezoning)
- Planning agreements
- Construction certificates
- Subdivision certificates
- Occupation certificates
- Other land use/environment approvals
- Land tax issues.
Obtaining approval, via Land and Environment Court proceedings, for:
- A building envelope for a 5,300sqm site within the City of Sydney, involving a series of buildings between four and nine storeys (with an additional eight metres above the height control).
- A mixed-use building within the City of Sydney, comprising 25 dwellings and 667 sqm of ground floor commercial space.
- A 998 sqm service station and food and drink premises on the north coast of NSW.
- A five-storey mixed use development, including 63 apartments, a supermarket, restaurant and commercial premises in Western Sydney.
- An 80-lot subdivision in the Liverpool City Council area.
- A new retail garden centre in Sydney’s inner west.
- A 55-lot residential subdivision in the north coast of NSW.
- A road transport terminal in the Byron Shire.
- Recommended Lawyer, Planning and Development Law, Doyle’s Guide.
Professional Memberships/ Accreditations & Activities
- Accredited by the Law Society as a specialist in planning and environment law.
- Registered Planner, Planning Institute of Australia.
- Steering Committee member, Urban Taskforce Australia.
- Environmental Planning Law Association of NSW.
- National Environmental Law Association.
- Planning & Environment ,