Clare is an experienced environment and planning lawyer who works with the property, infrastructure, energy and resource sectors. Clare has specialised in environment and planning law for nearly 15 years and has worked both in private practice as well as in-house.
Clare acts for developers, schools, infrastructure providers and miners in relation to all aspects of environmental and planning work. Clare’s practice spans both advisory and litigious work and Clare regularly acts for clients in a range of merits and judicial review proceedings in the Land and Environment Court. Clare also regularly assists corporate clients in assessing project risk and providing advice in this regard.
Clare is well-known for providing strategic, commercial advice, enabling clients to effectively navigate the development approvals process and achieving successful results in court proceedings.
Clare’s expertise includes:
- Assisting clients to prepare a project approval strategy and the obtain project approval
- Appeals to the Land and Environment Court regarding development approvals
- Contamination and remediation
- Advice on interactions with Councils and the preparation of Voluntary Planning Agreements
- Assisting clients with managing Environmental Protection Authority investigations and prosecutions by the EPA
- Pollution offences
- Administrative law and judicial review proceedings
- Advice on pit to port operations for miners and assistance obtaining approvals
- Assessing project risk and advising on warranties and indemnities
- Sustainability reporting and corporate governance.