Matt specialises in all aspects of the development approval process. Matt advises a broad range of private and publicly listed property developers and commercial land holders on the development process and the most efficient way to navigate the NSW planning system including written advice, representation at panel meetings and often, in the Land and Environment Court.
Matt embodies a practical and outcome-based approach to legal issues and ability to negotiate the approval process with local and state government authorities through the Land and Environment Court.
Matt’s expertise includes:
- Residential, aged care and mixed use developments
- Acting for licensed premises and industrial operators in relation to the development and licensing process, and legislative requirements.
- Appearing in the Land and Environment Court for developers, hoteliers, industrial funds and individuals in Class 1 merit appeals and Class 4 prosecution proceedings relating to Greenfield subdivision, mixed use development, aged care facilities, single dwellings and tower development in Central Sydney.
- Advising on voluntary planning agreements and providing representation for companies or individuals whose land or business interests are being compulsorily acquired.
- Recommended Lawyer, Planning & Development, Doyle’s Guide.
- Planning & Environment ,