Tim Cox is an accomplished practitioner within the corporate and commercial advisory fields of law, specialising in mergers and acquisitions, capital raising and structured real estate transactions. With over 15 years of experience, Tim has a focus on multi-jurisdictional equity and debt transactions backed by real estate assets. He also has particular expertise advising on significant family businesses, including the transfer of inter-generational wealth and the commercialisation of technology.
With an eye for detail, Tim is renowned for his service focus and communication skills. Tim has successfully negotiated many deals throughout Australia and internationally.
Tim’s clients include a number of ASX listed and privately owned companies and funds, Chinese based state owned enterprises and government bodies.
Tim’s expertise includes:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Structured real estate transactions, including syndication and joint ventures
- Private equity and capital raising
- Property development and construction finance
- General commercial agreements
- Acting for a Singaporean registered company in the acquisition of shares held by Australian entities in various companies registered in the Cook Islands. The Cook Island companies directly and indirectly leased and operated a resort in Indonesia.
- Acting for the Issuer in a capital raise of $100 Million by way of secured loan notes, followed by a loan from the issuer to a residential loan lending entity.
- Advised Faun Umwelttechnik GmbH&Co.Kg, a German company on its acquisition of a 70% interest in Superior Pak Holdings Pty Ltd, a company which is Australia’s leading manufacturer of waste collection and compaction equipment.
- Advising PPK Group Limited on its acquisitions of AIC Investment Corporation Pty Ltd and related acquisition of its 50% interest in a company commercialising boron nitride nanotubes through patented technology.
- Representing PPK Group Limited in its joint venture with Deakin University and BNNT Technology Limited and their multiple separate projects to exploit various boron nanotechnologies (including drafting and negotiating all contract documents and IP protection steps).
- Advising a company in respect of an incorporated joint venture arrangement for the purchase of a property for $42.6M and its subsequent development into a high density mixed use building.
- Advising management in respect of the MBO of Mabey Engineering Australia and New Zealand.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended Lawyer, Corporate M&A and Intellectual Property, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Leading Corporate M&A, Asia Law Leading Lawyers.