Tim Cox is an accomplished practitioner within the corporate and commercial advisory fields of law, specialising in mergers and acquisitions, capital raising and structured real estate transactions. With over 12 years of experience, Tim has a focus on multi-jurisdictional equity and debt transactions backed by real estate assets. He also has particular expertise advising on significant family businesses, including the transfer of inter-generational wealth.
With an eye for detail, Tim is renowned for his service focus and communication skills. Tim has successfully negotiated many deals throughout Australia and internationally.
Tim’s clients include a number of ASX listed and privately owned companies and funds, Chinese based state owned enterprises and government bodies.
Tim’s expertise includes:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Structured real estate transactions, including syndication and joint ventures
- Private equity and capital raising
- Property development and construction finance
- General commercial agreements.
- Advising shareholders on the sale of a multinational IT business to the value of $350m.
- Acting for the Shingle Inn Group in respect of the roll up of their group of companies into the Franchise Retail Brands initial public offering.
- Acting for Eureka Group Holdings Limited and its subsidiaries in respect of the acquisition of various mergers and acquisitions of aged care, retirement and seniors focussed assets.
- Acting for Rubicor Group Limited in respect of the acquisition of Orange Recruitment, Makesafe Traffic Management, Western Work Force and the divestment ofEnsure Recruitment.
- Acting for an incorporated joint venture between a domestic developer and a Chinese based state owned corporation, in the acquisition and development of serviced apartments across multiple towers on the Gold Coast.
- Acting for a foreign-controlled entity in respect of its investment into a 50/50 joint venture for the development of an $80m mixed use site (which included a 150 room hotel) in Melbourne.
- Recommended Lawyer, Corporate and M&A, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Leading Corporate / M&A Lawyer, Asia Law Leading Lawyers.
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,