Tim Cox is a multi-disciplinary transactional lawyer and team leader of our Brisbane Corporate Advisory practice. His practice encompasses domestic and cross border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, divestments, debt based transactions and corporate restructures.
He has particular expertise advising on structured real estate transactions, commercialisation of technology and significant family businesses, including the transfer of inter-generational wealth.
Tim regularly advises clients on all aspects of corporate law including M&A, private investment, capital raising, debt issues, corporate finance, restructuring, corporate governance and advisory, general commercial and intellectual property commercialisation.
With an eye for detail, Tim is renowned for his service focus and communication skills.
Tim’s clients include a number of ASX listed and privately owned companies and funds, Chinese based state owned enterprises and government bodies.
Tim’s expertise includes:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Structured real estate transactions, including syndication and joint ventures
- Private equity and capital raising
- Property development and construction finance
- General commercial agreements
- Advising Australian Pacific Coal Limited (ASX:AQC) in relation the proposed sale of the Dartbrook Coal Mine, its main undertaking, to its major shareholder and secured creditor Trepang Services, an accelerated fully underwritten rights issue to the value of $100m, and in respect of a proposed joint venture regarding the operation of the Dartbrook Coal Mine.
- Advising the Shareholders of Dialog Pty Ltd on the divestment of their shares to Singapore Telecommunications Limited for $325m.
- Acting for a joint venture party in relation to the Warburg Pincus backed self-storage business, Storhub Australia.
- Advising PPK Group Limited (ASX: PPK), on the in-specie distribution of shares in PPK Mining and Equipment Group Limited.
- Advising ZeroCarbon Investek, a Swiss-based metal ore operator, in its proposed circa $2bn acquisition of QNI Resources and QNI Metals, the entities which own the Yabalu Nickel Refinery.
- Advising PPK Group Limited (ASX: PPK) in its acquisition of 51% of the issued capital of PowerPlus Energy Pty Ltd.
- Advising Mulpha Australia Limited, a company listed on the Malaysian stock exchange on a series of strategic hospitality acquisitions
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended Lawyer, Corporate M&A and Intellectual Property, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Leading Corporate M&A, Asia Law Leading Lawyers
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,