David is a leading corporate lawyer with more than 14 years’ experience. David advises clients across a wide range of industries on private and public M&A, capital raising and investments, joint ventures, strategic contracts, corporate restructuring and general corporate and commercial law.
David has a deep understanding of clients’ commercial drivers, risk profiles, challenges and opportunities. His work history, including a previous role as a senior lawyer at ASX-listed Costa Group, has given him greater insight into the issues that matter to clients and has further honed his commercially-minded approach.
David’s expertise includes:
- Private and public mergers and acquisitions
- Capital raising and investments
- Joint ventures
- Strategic contracts
- Corporate restructuring
- General corporate and commercial law
- Advising on the sale of Metro Food Co. to Openway Food Co (a Five V Capital portfolio company).
- Advising on the acquisition of the Select Fresh wholesale food distribution business by Costa Group.
- Advising on the sale of Swanson Industries (an AEA Investors) portfolio company to Questas Group (an Allegro Funds portfolio company).
- Advising on the sale of PDS Group to Deloitte Australia.
- Advising on the acquisition of the Cuscal rediATM-fleet by Armaguard.
- Advising on the sale of a 51% stake in Scott Park Group to Sumitomo Forestry Co.
- Advising on the buyout of all other shareholders of the Donric Group as part of a group restructure.
- Advising on the acquisition of the Blueprint Group by Strikeforce AMC.
- Advising on the sale of Sita Buslines and Sita Coaches to Transit Systems.
- Advising on the sale of corporate health insurance provider GU Health by Australian Unity to nib.
- Advising on the sale of NAB’s equity stake in Pengana Capital to Hunter Hall.
- Advising on the sale by ENGIE of the Loy Yang B power plant.
- Advising on the demerger and IPO of Clydesdale Bank PLC (previously a subsidiary of NAB).
- Advising on the $5.5 billion rights issue by NAB in 2015.
- Advising on the IPO of Medibank Private Limited.
- Advising on the successful off-market takeover bid by APA Group for Hastings Funds Management (a subsidiary of Westpac Banking Corporation).
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended Lawyer, Business & Commercial Lawyers Victoria, Doyle’s Guide.
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,