Gaurav acts for listed and private companies, investment firms and their portfolio companies, emerging businesses, family offices and high net worth individuals in Australia and internationally, across a range of transactional, advisory and strategic matters.
He advises businesses through all stages of their life cycle, from initial structuring, funding and scaling up, to organic and M&A driven growth and onwards to the gamut of liquidity events.
He is well known for his work on complex, large-scale matters with rapid turnaround times.
Gaurav’s expertise includes:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Commercial Law and Contracts
- Equity Capital Markets
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Joint Ventures
- Shareholder Arrangements
- Digital Law
- Acting for Virtus Health on its acquisition of Adora Fertility and three day hospitals from Healius Limited for $45 million.
- Acting for a multinational health care business in respect of aspects of a takeover by private equity for $700 million.
- Acting for a leading cosmetic treatment business in respect of aspects of a takeover by private equity for $650 million.
- Advising a national cosmetic treatment business in respect of a range of corporate, commercial and regulatory issues.
- Advising a global industrial group specialising in construction and civil engineering, headquartered in Italy, in respect of their Australian operations.
- Acting for various stakeholders in respect of the proposed trade sale of a manufacturer to a multinational competitor for $180 million.
- Acting for the seller in respect of a trade sale via roll-up of an aquaculture business for $70 million.
- Advising a global manufacturer of banknote and coin sorting technology in respect of their distribution arrangements in Australia.
- Advising a multinational optometry group in respect of their franchising, licensing and distribution arrangements in Australia.
Professional Memberships/Accreditation & Activities
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales
- Lawyers Weekly Corporate Partner of the Year Finalist 2022
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,