Scott has deep experience in the construction and engineering industries and advises Australia’s leading companies in these sectors on contract documentation and project delivery.
He brings particular expertise in strategic claims management and dispute resolution and regularly advises on pursuing and defending claims in relation to significant commercial and infrastructure projects.
He is renowned for providing exceptional client service, sharp legal and strategic advice and know-how in successfully steering and resolving complex technical and engineering disputes.
Scott’s clients include institutional developer and major contractor clients and ASX-listed companies including United Group Limited (UGL), The GPT Group, GrainCorp, Coca-Cola Amatil, CSR and Stockland.
Scott’s expertise includes:
- Claims management on large projects
- Delay and disruption claims
- Defect claims, design, performance and engineering issues
- Arbitrations, mediations and expert determinations
- Adjudication under Security of Payment legislation across Australian jurisdictions
- Litigation in all courts, but particularly in the Technology and Construction List of the NSW Supreme Court.
- Representing publicly listed company in series of major disputes over delivery of the $240m Digital Train Radio System Project for Transport for New South Wales and renegotiation of that contract.
- Representing developer in major dispute relating to façade rectification and combustible cladding issues and delay and construction cost claims in Federal Court of Australia.
- Representing engineering consortium in major disputes regarding the delivery of the $125m Tangara Technology Upgrade Project for Sydney’s train fleet.
- Advising publicly listed agribusiness company on design and construction defects in grain silo and production facilities at Burren Junction, Carrington and Cooks River.
- Advising property owners in dispute relating to construction issues and delays in relation to the $116m façade remediation project at MLC Building in Sydney.
- Advising major contractor on delay and disruption dispute in $420m EPC contract for cryogenic storage tanks for LNG at Icthys natural gas project in northern Australia and Timor Sea.
- Recommended Lawyer, Construction, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.