Rechelle’s expertise is in transactions in the building, infrastructure and mining industries.
Rechelle has advised on a wide range of projects including airports and seaports, pit to port developments, iconic CBD high-rise constructions, major integrated mixed use developments and global engineering projects.
She advises public and private transport infrastructure providers and local and offshore property developers on multi use developments and integrated infrastructure projects, demonstrating a strong track record on major projects with highly technical requirements.
In addition to her considerable legal experience, Rechelle has an understanding of both the technical aspects and commercial drivers and their key role in integrated construction and infrastructure projects. Her ability to see developments as a whole and recognise key issues to keep projects focused and meet rigid deadlines is highly valued by clients, consultants and project managers alike.
Rechelle’s clients include Brisbane Airport Corporation, NEXTDC, Billbergia and Hutchinson Builders.
Rechelle’s expertise includes:
- Project structuring and contract preparation
- Broadacre and CBD developments
- Public Private Partnership bids and closing
- Supply and install, including for services and infrastructure
- Design and non-design consultancy agreements, including for project management
- Neighbour access agreements for shorting/oversail
- Financier tripartite agreements
- Project advice during construction including interrogation of time and cost claims
- QBCC licencing and Part 4A requirements
- Project Bank Accounts.
- As relationship partner, advising Brisbane Airport Corporation on its day to day development and major projects including runway overlay, land development and terminal expansion including services and infrastructure.
- Advising Consolidated Property Group in relation to its residential and shopping centre developments including Yeerongpilly Green, Spire Residences and Cornerstone.
- Advising Hutchinson Builders on its eastern seaboard developments and PPP bids including Howard Smith Wharves, Southpoint and Castle Residences.
- Advising the Billbergia and AMP Joint Venture on the construction of SkyTower – the $350m mixed residential and commercial development in the Brisbane CBD.
- Advising Taiwanese developer Shayher on the construction of Brisbane Quarter – the $1bn mixed residential, hotel and commercial development in the Brisbane CBD.
- Advising Student One in relation to its three CBD student accommodation developments.
- Advising the University of Southern Queensland in relation to campus development including expansion of the Mt Kent Observatory.
- Recommended Lawyer, Construction, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Recommended Lawyer, Project Development, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Recommended Lawyer, Front End Construction & Infrastructure, Doyle’s Guide.