Coronavirus / COVID-19 related issues: Ross is currently advising large and small clients on employee stand downs, annual and long service leave, redundancies and dealing with unions and the Fair Work ombudsman and Commission.
He has a track record of over 25 years of success in solving issues and winning cases for employers in the workplace area in Courts and Commissions, and is sought after for his innovative approach. Ross embodies a solutions-focused, commercial and proactive approach and takes pride in devising best plans, solutions and outcomes available under the law, with quick turnaround.
He leads a large team of Workplace Relations, Employment and Safety (WRES) solicitors and has advised on the full range of workplace relations matters – from routine employment matters through to complex and bespoke workplace issues.
Clients span from ASX100 listed companies through to government agencies and small and medium –sized enterprises, including BHP Billiton, Pacific National, Worley Parsons, Crown (Casino) ; TAC; Qantas, MSS Security, Western Health Hospitals, Chemist Warehouse, numerous private schools, Governments, Local councils and many others.
Ross’ expertise includes:
- Strategies and documentation relating to restructuring and downsizing to execute lawfully, sensitively and respectfully whilst achieving the employer’s desired outcomes Executive employee fraud, theft of IP and confidential information and breach of restraints
- Workplace safety incidents including minimising prosecution, effective pleas and enforceable undertakings
- Development of preventative training and systems; training boards in compliance for “due diligence”; preventative systems for airborne particle scenarios
- Necessary employee departures
- General employment protections claims, unfair dismissal and court litigation in State and Federal courts
- Workplace culture and bullying investigations
- Long term employment relations strategies and plans for some of Australia’s largest organisations, to achieve profitable EA change without industrial action
- Plans and responses to significant industrial action scenarios
- Development and implementation of the “workplace issue resolution system”, which has been implemented at numerous workplaces in Australia
- Workplace investigations and culture reviews- assistance in solving employee issues at the workplace with evidence – either by resolution or dismissal.
- Briefing WHS Due Diligence for senior officer and director compliance.
- Developing with Du Pont a world’s best practice safety system for a large company.
- Successfully defending an employer in a jury trial with company found not guilty on all charges.
- Successfully defending to judgement a County Court claim by a dismissed executive claiming payout of his contract and wrongful dismissal.
- Acting for three separate cases obtaining court Search Orders, whichcaught current and former employees with company data and customer lists.
- Acting as Bargaining strategist and representative for Councils , corporates and Not for profits in hostile and challenging industrial scenarios with great success.
- Advising on long term enterprise agreement strategy for three global companies in mining, infrastructure and security.
- Responding to industrial action in the Federal Court and the FWC on good faith bargaining orders.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended, Lawyer, Labour and Employment, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety ,