Ross is the go-to lawyer in Melbourne for employers dealing with employment, union and safety issues. A solutions-focused, commercial and proactive approach – not long letters - just the best innovative and effective plans, solutions and outcomes available under the law, with quick turnaround.
For over 25 years Ross has a track record of success in solving issues and winning cases for employers in the workplace area in Courts and Commissions and is sought after for his innovative approach and getting results. Clients commend Ross for his “outside of the box” thinking and the way in which he takes into account the strategic long term view of the business requirements, not just working to resolve the immediate issue at hand.
He leads a large team of solicitors and has advised many large and medium sized employers including BHP Billiton, Pacific National, MSS Security, Western Health Hospitals, Governments and SMEs ranging from agribusinesses to construction firms.
Ross’ expertise includes:
- Workplace investigations including culture reviews, performance management and terminations (award covered and executive)
- Executive employee fraud investigations
- Restraints of trade
- Managing long term absenteeism for ill and injured employees and poor performance
- Crisis response and incident management
- Board governance and compliance advice
- Contractor management strategies
- Responding to Improvement and Prohibition Notices
- Responding to industrial action, protects and disputes
- Right of entry and sham contracting
- Enterprise Agreement negotiating and strategy
- Briefing WHS Due Diligence for senior officer and director compliance.
- Developing with Du Pont a world’s best practice safety system for a large company.
- Development and implementation of the “workplace issue resolution system”, which has been implemented at numerous workplaces in Australia
- Successfully defending an employer in a jury trial with company found not guilty on all charges.
- Successfully defending to judgement a County Court claim by a dismissed executive claiming payout of his contract and wrongful dismissal.
- Acting for national businesses obtaining court Search Orders, which caught current and former employees with company data and customer lists after they uncovered executive employee fraud.
- Acting as Bargaining Strategist and Representative for employers including Councils, Statutory Corporations, Corporates and Not-For-Profits in hostile and challenging industrial scenarios with great success.
- Advising on long term enterprise agreement strategy for three global companies in mining, infrastructure and security.
- Responding to industrial action in the Federal Court and the Fair Work Commission on good faith bargaining orders.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended Lawyer, Labour and Employment & Workplace Health and Safety, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety ,