Lisa has over 15 years’ experience advising employers and business owners in all aspects of workplace and industrial relations.
Lisa is widely acknowledged in the industry as an expert in enterprise agreement making and associated bargaining strategy. She is also a market leader in providing employment advice for franchise and large privately owned networks. Lisa’s clients come from a range of industries including some of Australia’s most recognised fast food, hospitality, manufacturing, retail and hair and beauty brands.
Her clients particularly value her razor sharp commercial acumen and her ability to anticipate business needs and implement innovative solutions, which makes her an invaluable advisor to any business.
Lisa has a reputation as a highly skilled negotiator whose focus is on achieving win-win outcomes wherever possible. Her highly developed communication and interpersonal skills makes her an asset in litigious or sensitive matters.
Lisa’s clients include Grill’d Healthy Burgers, Made Establishment Group (incorporating Hellenic Republic and Jimmy Grants), 7-Eleven, The Hair House Warehouse, Australian Skin Clinics, Aesop and Koko Black.
Lisa’s expertise includes:
- Advising on all aspects of enterprise bargaining negotiations and strategy (both union and non-union)
- Representation in industrial disputes
- Implementing workplace transformation which is often precipitated by operational restructure and a need to achieve positive cultural change. This can include working with PR companies during aggressive union or media campaigns
- Resolving sensitive employee grievances including bullying, harassment and discrimination complaints
- Managing employees with long term injuries
- Assisting in the due diligence process of mergers and acquisitions in relation to employment law issues
- Drafting employment contracts for all staff levels
- General employment law and workplace relations advice and strategies – including disciplinary issues and, where appropriate, termination of employment
- Acting in all major courts, the Fair Work Commission, VCAT and State and Federal anti-discrimination Commissions.
- Providing advice on gig economy issues in the lead up to 7-Eleven’s purchase of a majority stake in Tipple and advised on employment aspects of the due diligence process.
- Representing Grill’d in a collective agreement termination application, including injunctive action taken by United Voice and subsequent enterprise agreement bargaining for a replacement enterprise agreement.
- Advising Made Establishment on Fair Work Ombudsman investigation.
- Acting for Australian Skin care, Lisa successfully obtained an indemnity cost order against an applicant in a general protections matter in the Federal Circuit Court.
- Advising Turi Foods on all employment aspects of a merger between Turi Foods and OSI.
- Recommended Individual, Labour and Employment, Legal 500 Lawyers.
- Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety ,