Simon has over 20 years’ experience in advising on transactions involving securities and financial markets.
He is recognised for his exceptional client focus, excellent draft skills, strategic thinking and ability to solve complex legal and commercial issues.
In the course of his practice, Simon has acted for many well-known multinational and national companies including Johnson & Johnson, American Express, Cadbury, Fosters, Arnotts, Woolworths, Metcash, the Mirvac Group, Downer EDI and Pepper Group.
Simon’s expertise includes:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Capital raisings
- Corporate restructures
- Joint ventures
- Shareholder arrangements
- Employee share schemes
- Corporate governance and ASX listing rules
- Corporations law compliance issues
- Advising on a diverse range of general commercial transactions.
- Advising Pepper Group in relation to the $676m acquisition of a controlling interest by way of scheme of arrangement by an affiliate of KKR.
- Advising Pepper Group in relation to its $471m IPO and associated listing on the ASX.
- Advising Pepper Group in relation to its $5bn acquisition of the GE mortgage book.
- Advising the Government of Papua New Guinea on a variety of matters involving state‑owned assets including as legal and probity advisor on the partial sale of its telecommunications carrier and on the restructure of its power utility PNG power.
- Advising on the sale of System Partners to DXC Technology.
- Advising Metcash on its acquisitions of Midas Australia and Far North Queensland Wholesalers.
- Advising Charles Sturt University on its LGC Solar Power Project.
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,