For over 35 years Norman has worked in corporate, commercial and finance law, often managing highly complex matters. He is a specialist in banking and finance sector, particularly securities and duties law.
Client’s appreciate Norman’s problem solving ability and his never- say-die attitude when it comes to helping them get the best results. They also appreciate his commercial focus.
Norman’s clients say, “Norman’s work is exceptional. Clients that I have referred to Norman have all had strong outcomes (better than expected) in their favour. His advice, commercial acumen, expertise and domain knowledge are without peer in my opinion. Any client contemplating negotiation or renegotiation of a commercial matter should engage Norman’s services sooner rather than later. I have found Norman to always seek and represent the best interests of his clients. I and the clients I have referred to Norman have always receive value for the fees paid. David Louise Pallas Capital.
Norman’s expertise includes:
- Banking and Finance
- Intellectual Property
- Corporate Governance
- Personal Properties Securities
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Commercial law and contracts
- Lead Partner in Almona Pty Ltd v Parklea Corporation Pty Ltd & Ors – a mortgagee fraud case taken to the High Court of Australia.
- Series A Unsecured Corporate Bond Program for a Financial Services Firm.
- Syndicated loan acting for the lending syndicate to refinance and restructure major printing and internet business.
- Lead advisor on FTX Australia preference claim on digital platform.
- Advising one of Australia’s largest Children Care Centres in relation to its franchising arrangements and shareholder restructuring.
- Advising on gold mine default and work out arrangement for the lenders.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Finalist, Banking & Finance, Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year 2022
- Member of the Law Society of NSW
- Master of Laws (University of Sydney), Bachelor of Economics/Bachelor of Laws (Macquarie University)
- Former President and current Treasurer and Non-Executive Director of the Commercial Law Association of Australia Limited
- Non-Executive Director of the Pain Foundation Limited
- Exclusive Banking and Finance Representative for IR Global in Australia
- Affiliate of Financial Services Institute of Australasia
- Australian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association of Australia