Samuel is an experienced corporate and personal insolvency lawyer. He is a commercial litigator with a strong defamation practice.
Samuel acts for numerous national and international insolvency firms on a regular basis including SV Partners, Hall Chadwick and FTI Consulting. He advises in all areas of insolvency including liquidation, voluntary administration, receivership and bankruptcy. He is abreast of the impact of the Safe Harbour reforms and the changing nature of the insolvency industry. Samuel regularly successfully manages large multifaceted corporate and personal insolvencies in conjunction with insolvency practitioners to ensure the greatest return for creditors is achieved. His role largely involves the management of intricate insolvency-related Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) litigation actions.
Samuel has proven results in complex commercial litigation matters where his focus is on achieving outcomes in the shortest timeframe. His experience is wide ranging, however outside of insolvency related litigation he is well renowned for his experience in defamation actions and director/shareholder disputes.
Samuel’s expertise includes:
- Voluntary Administration
- Commercial litigation
- Alterative Dispute Resolution
- Debt recovery.
- Preferential payment action recoveries for SV Partners in large national insolvency of Beyfeild Pty Ltd (In Liquidation) and associated actions including extension of time to bring porceedings.
- Successful insolvent trading proceedings against a shadow director for Tremco Pty Ltd.
- Successfully obtaining orders against Instragram Inc to compel the release of information for defamation action.
- Successfully managing voluntary administration and liquidation of SparkeFilms and the release of the national film Occupation.
- Managing several real estate agency related actions throughout Queensland on behalf of Ray White.
- Managing the voluntary administration and liquidation of major supplier for Reinforced Concrete Pipes Australia and associated bankruptcy of directors of supplier.