Ross’ primary expertise is in the areas of taxation law and private advisory.
Ross’ expertise in taxation law encompasses advisory and disputes, primarily in income tax, but also in indirect taxes such as GST, FBT, duty, land tax, payroll tax and more. Tax issues potentially arise in relation to all sectors.
Ross is known for advising on complex transactions and disputes, together with effective management of implementation of advice and completion/settlement.
Ross has acted for listed companies, foreign-owned companies, a myriad of privately owned groups including start-ups, and not-for-profit enterprises. He has also acted as an adviser to government.
Ross is on the Tax Technical Committee for The Tax Institute. He is a regular presenter on tax topics for Mills Oakley, Legalwise, Television Education Network and The Tax Institute.
Ross’ expertise includes:
- Complex income tax issues for mergers & acquisitions and restructuring
- Tax aspects of property developments and investments
- Tax aspects of cross-border investment and expansion
- Company groups including tax consolidation and employee share schemes
- Tax issues for privately held groups (companies, trusts, start-ups)
- Tax issues for wills and estates, business succession and asset protection
- Tax and superannuation issues for SMSFs
- Tax issues for managed investment trusts
- Charity and Not-for-profit establishment and operation
- Tax audits and disputes
- Advising on introduction of a private equity investor.
- Advising on tax aspects of sale of a professional services firm.
- Advising on restructure to create a tax consolidated group.
- Advising on structuring of various real estate businesses.
- Restructuring of a food franchise group.
- Advising start-ups on innovation concessions and crypto-currency issues.
- Dealing with complex tax audits for property development groups, various businesses and SMSFs.
- Dealing with complex property settlements arising from separation/family disputes.