Peter is a banking and finance specialist, having practiced in those sectors for more than 30 years.
He prefers a commercial, can-do approach and enjoys close personal relationships with clients with whom he enjoys long term relationships.
Whether it be corporate borrowers who require assistance negotiating lender’s documents, lenders who wish to document transactions, syndicates or clubs of lenders, banks, non-bank lenders, receivables and supply chain financiers, lenders exercising enforcement rights, Peter has the experience.
Peter’s expertise includes:
- Acting for most banks in Australia at one time or another over three decades, regarding loan transactions and enforcement of securities
- Acting for a broad range of non-bank lenders including preparation of and advice on loan agreements and security documents
- Loan structuring advice
- Appointment of receivers on behalf of lenders and acting for mortgagees exercising power of sale
- Acting for receivables financiers in complex transactions, many involving facilities with limits of hundreds of millions of dollars
- Acting for purchasers of ‘distressed’ secured debt
- Providing advice on intercreditor issues, guarantees, PPSA and consumer credit transactions
- Provision of expert opinions
- Acting for a not for profit affordable housing company in relation to regulatory issues and the drafting of shared equity agreements
- Acting for an ASX listed travel company as borrower in respect to its $350m club facility with securities from group companies in 4 foreign jurisdictions.
- Acting for an ASX listed transport company as borrower in respect to its $100m equipment finance and debt facilities.
- Acting for a transport and maritime company as borrower in relation to the negotiation and establishment of its $250m debt facilities with a club of financiers.
- Acting for a major London based receivables and supply chain financier in many complex transactions and issuing closing opinions.
- Acting for a listed property company in the purchase and structuring of secured debts from a bank, and the subsequent negotiation of finance utilising the purchased debts as security.
- Acting for various banks and subsequent appointment of receivers to Twin Waters Resort, Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast, Fitzroy Island, Hope Island Marina, Port of Airlie Apartments and Marina, Sphere strata development Gold Coast, and M on Mary strata apartment complex.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recognised Lawyer, Banking and Finance Law, The Best Lawyers in Australia
- Best Banking and Finance Lawyer, Brisbane, Best Lawyers
- Recommended Lawyer, Banking and Finance, Queensland, Doyle’s Guide
- Notary public