Robert is a banking and finance lawyer based in Sydney and has been practising in banking and finance for over 10 years (including two years in London). Robert’s experience includes acting for lenders and borrowers in general corporate lending, asset backed lending, asset finance, debt capital markets and structured finance.
Robert has acted for clients such as property developers, construction companies, each of the big four Australian banks, major US and Chinese banks, major mining companies and rail and aircraft leasing companies.
Robert recently joined Mills Oakley after nearly ten years at an international firm.
Robert’s expertise includes:
- Syndicated lending
- Bilateral lending including using common terms structures
- Structured financing including subscription finance facilities
- Property finance
- Construction finance
- Acted for the developer of 97 residential units on 10 Dangar Street, Wickham in Newcastle with respect to the mezzanine financing of that project in August 2022.
- Acted for Lendlease in respect of its core Australian dollar, Euro and Singapore dollar syndicated debt finance facilities and in respect of the syndicated debt facilities for its retail and industrial funds between 2020 and 2022.
- Acted for Laing O’Rourke Australia with respect to refinancing its corporate finance facilities.
- Acted for Denison Gas Limited in relation to putting in place a borrowing base facility linked to its gas reserves with a big four Australian bank.
- Acted for Bank of China on a range of its corporate finance and trade finance related facilities.
- Acted for China Construction Bank on a range of its property finance and corporate finance related facilities.
- Acted for the banks providing bilateral facilities to Santos Limited through a common terms deed structure.
- Acted for the Fiji National Provident Fund in relation to restructuring the loans it provided to Fiji Airlines during the COVID 19 pandemic.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Bachelor of Laws, Australian National University (2006)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Australian National University (2006)
- Admitted to practice in New South Wales (2007)
- Banking & Financial Institutions ,