Peter has extensive experience gained from acting in significant litigation as well as Royal Commissions and other Inquiries. With particular experience in managing complex and highly sensitive matters, Peter understands the way in which parties must conduct themselves when involved in a dispute and when facing contentious or sensitive issues.
Peter has cultivated relationships across a diverse range of industries including IT, media, telecommunications, mining, aged care, financial services and hospitality. He has expertise in restructuring and insolvency, having acted in recovery actions for lenders and liquidators. He advises regularly in relation to defamation matters and represents directors and officers in both corporate regulatory investigations and criminal prosecutions.
Peter’s expertise includes:
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Contract disputes
- Disputes involving claims and defences under the Corporations Act
- Family law disputes
- Finance default proceedings, including recovery of security, appointment of receivers, realisation of assets and mortgagee sales
- Insolvency matters, including advising administrators and liquidators
- Media and defamation
- Trust and estate disputes
- White collar criminal prosecutions.
- Acting for a professional services firm in defence of Federal Court proceedings regarding its alleged involvement in the cross-border misappropriation of assets.
- Advising and appearing for the former Chairman of a listed company in Supreme Court proceedings regarding an alleged breach of duties associated with due diligence into the acquisition of offshore mining assets.
- Acting for an aged care provider in negotiations both with the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency and the Department of Health concerning aged care facilities and the bringing of applications for administrative review of decisions made by the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency.
- Advising and appearing for a senior office holder of the CFMEU before the Royal Commission into Trade Union Governance and Corruption.
- Advising and appearing for the family of a victim of the Sydney Lindt Café Siege before the Inquest into the Sydney Lindt Café Siege.
- Advising and appearing for parties affected by a number of different ICAC and ASIC investigations and prosecutions.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended Lawyer, White Collar Crime & Regulatory Investigations, Doyle’s Guide