Phoebe has over 10 years’ experience as a commercial litigator, regularly acting in significant, complex pieces of multi-party litigation primarily in superior courts across numerous jurisdictions for SMEs, ASX-listed corporations, directors, various insolvency practitioners, international litigants and state and Federal Governments. Phoebe is well-regarded for her strong client-focused approach and clients value her ability to manage large-scale and multi-faceted cases whilst being intimately acquainted with the specific details of a case.
Phoebe’s expertise includes:
- commercial litigation in superior courts (Corporations Act, shareholder disputes, Australian Consumer Law, property disputes);
- class actions (financial services);
- large-scale debt recovery and enforcement;
- insolvency litigation; and
- advice to insureds regarding recoveries, including in the transportation, logistics, mining and FMCG industries.
- acting for multinational group defending complex and multi-faceted Federal Court litigation;
- prosecuting operator of prominent online fitness program alleging shareholder oppression and breach of fiduciary duties;
- defending voidable preference claim on behalf of national company;
- representing various parties in agricultural business dispute relating to allegations of misrepresentations;
- acting for national supermarket chain in Australian Consumer Law dispute;
- advising insured as to recovery of losses from cyber security breach including successful challenge to insurer’s original determination.