Phoebe has been a commercial litigator for over 10 years, having practised in South Australia, New South Wales and Victoria. Phoebe regularly acts in significant, complex pieces of multi-party litigation primarily in superior courts. Having practised across numerous jurisdictions for SMEs, ASX-listed corporations, directors, various insolvency practitioners, international litigants and state and Federal Governments, Phoebe is well-regarded for her strong client-focused approach and clients value her ability to manage large-scale and multi-faceted cases whilst being intimately acquainted with the specific details on which a case turns.
Phoebe’s expertise includes but is not limited to:
- commercial litigation in superior courts (Corporations Act, shareholder disputes, Australian Consumer Law, property disputes);
- alternative dispute resolution;
- class actions (financial services);
- large-scale debt recovery and enforcement;
- royal commissions;
- insolvency litigation (both for insolvency practitioners and directors/companies);
- advice to insureds regarding recoveries including in the transportation, logistics, mining and FMCG industries;
- litigation involving third-party funding arrangements.
- acting in a complex, multifaceted dispute including for multinational corporation and foreign director in defending Federal Court litigation arising from allegations relating to original equipment manufacturing business;
- bringing litigation against operator of prominent online fitness program alleging shareholder oppression and breach of fiduciary duties;
- defending voidable preference claim on behalf of national company;
- representing various parties in agricultural business dispute relating to allegations of misrepresentations;
- acting for large national supermarket chain as to Australian Consumer Law dispute;
- advising insureds as to recovery of losses from cyber security breach including successful challenge to insurer’s original determination.
- Banking & Financial Institutions ,
- Public Sector ,
- Property ,
- Telecommunications, Media & Technology ,
- Insurance ,