Phoebe has almost 15 years’ experience as a commercial litigator, having acted in significant, complex pieces of multi-party litigation primarily in superior courts across numerous jurisdictions for SMEs, ASX-listed corporations, directors, insolvency practitioners, international litigants and state and Federal Governments. Phoebe is well-regarded for her strong client-focused approach, effectively managing large-scale and multifaceted cases whilst maintaining a deep understanding of the specifics of each client’s case. Having recently relocated back to her home town of Adelaide, Phoebe maintains a practice across both South Australia and Victoria, travelling regularly back to Melbourne and working with clients in both jurisdictions.
As a board member on the Centre for Legal Innovation’s ELAB, Phoebe also has a keen interest in advising as to the adoption and use of market-leading legal technologies, generative AI and large language models.
Phoebe’s expertise includes:
- Commercial litigation in superior courts (Corporations Act, shareholder disputes, directorship disputes, Australian Consumer Law, property and trust disputes)
- Insolvency litigation
- Large-scale debt recovery and enforcement
- Class actions (financial services)
- Advice to insureds regarding recoveries, including in the transportation, logistics, mining and FMCG industries
- Acting for multinational group defending complex and multi-faceted Federal Court litigation.
- Advising insolvency practitioner in long-running litigious dispute being conducted overseas.
- Defending voidable preference claim on behalf of national company.
- Advising insolvency practitioner in funded litigation involving recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments in Australia under the model insolvency law.
- Prosecuting operator of prominent online fitness program alleging shareholder oppression and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Representing various parties in agricultural business dispute relating to allegations of misrepresentations.
- Acting for national supermarket chain in Australian Consumer Law dispute.
- Advising insured as to recovery of losses from cyber security breach including successful challenge to insurer’s original determination.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Member, the WIRV Committee of Management;
- Member, the Professional Development Subcommittee (and previously Chair of PD Subcommittee, 2020-2022);
- Board member, Emerging Leaders’ Advisory Board, Centre for Legal Innovation.