Paul has over 20 years’ experience practising in property development and construction, both in-house and in private practice.
In particular, Paul has expertise in drafting and negotiating, reviewing and advising with respect to Australian Standards Contracts including AS 4902-2000/ AS 4300-1995 Design and Construct Contracts, AS 4000-1997/ AS 2124-1992 Construct Only Contracts, AS 4905-2002/ AS 4906-2002 Minor Works Contracts, AS 4916-2002 Construction Management Contracts and AS 4910-2002 Supply of Equipment with Installation Contracts.
Paul also has significant experience in preparing ancillary documents to the Australian Standards contracts including Letters of Intent (Early Works agreements), Consultants Agreements, Trade Contracts, Subcontracts, Project Management Agreements, Development Management Agreements, Deeds of Confidentiality, Deeds of Guarantee and Indemnity and Deeds of Novation.
Some of Paul’s clients include Gippsland Water, Ironside Construction, BPM, Peregrine Projects and Bear Projects.
Paul’s expertise includes:
- Construction (front and backend) of residential apartment buildings (low and high-rise) townhouses, residential homes, commercial office/retail buildings, infrastructure projects and retirement villages
- Property development and subdivision
- Retirement villages – construction and leasing.
- Acting for QBE with respect to fitout works at 839 Collins Street, Docklands Victoria. Work included preparation of a Guaranteed Maximum Price AS 4902-2000 Design and Construct Contract, a Consultants Agreement and a Letter of Intent.
- Acting for Dysin Investment Partners with respect to Construction of 60 townhouses at 2-4 Village Way, Pakenham Victoria. Work included preparation of an AS 4905-2002 Minor Works Contract (Superintendent Administered) for civil works and preparation of an AS 4000-1997 Construction Contract for construction of the townhouses.
- Acting for Seventh Day Adventist Church with respect to the construction of Pavilions Retirement Village at 131-173 Central Road, Nunawading Victoria. Work included preparation of an AS 4902-2000 Design and Construct Contract.
- Acting for Austin Land with respect to civil, landscape and trunk infrastructure works for the subdivision of 1000 residential lots of 285 Patullos Road, Lara Victoria. Work included preparation of an AS 2124-1992 Construction Contract.
- Acted for ICD Property Group with respect to the development of EQ Tower, a 632 residential apartment building at 127 A’Beckett Street, Melbourne Victoria. Work included the preparation of an AS 4300-1995 Design and Construct Contract.
- Bachelor of Law (Honours).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Commercial Law.