Monique is a banking and finance lawyer and brings a wealth of experience in acting on a wide range of transactions for borrowers and lenders. The transactions range from conventional corporate finance, structured finance transactions and construction finance projects over a variety of asset classes. This area of work involves preparing and negotiating facility agreements, security documents and inter-creditor agreements.
Monique has a particular focus on trade finance where she advises in relation to trade and supplier finance produces, bills of exchange discounting facility and structured inventory finance products.
Monique has deep experience in all aspects of finance and security documentation. Her experience covers a range of financing transactions from secured and unsecured lending to inventory and trade financing. Monique focuses on her client’s objectives and provides exceptional client service and commercial advice to assist the client in achieving desired outcomes whilst managing the risks involved.
Monique’s expertise includes:
- Construction and property finance
- Corporate finance
- Trade and inventory finance.
- Acting for Mazda Australia in negotiating a financing arrangement between it and a third party to offer wholesale financing products to Mazda Dealers and retail finance products to customers purchasing Mazda vehicles.
- Rewriting the standard documents used by Wells Fargo’s Australian business. This included their facility and security documents and providing advice on a range of Australian law issues in the course of the rewrite including advice on unfair contract terms, electronic execution and document retention.
- Advising Bank of Queensland on a white label agreement entered into with a major motor bike brand for the provision of retail and wholesale financing products to be offered to dealers in the network and customers purchasing that brand of motor bike.
- Acting for Bank of Queensland in selling and financing the sale of its receivables book to a third party operator.
- Acting for private investors in a wide range of transactions including property and construction funding, investment loans and funding to third party lenders providing leasing products and funding real estate marketing expenses.
- Acting for a range of property developers and investors including Aurumstone Pty Ltd, AFIAA Australia Pty Ltd, Samma Group of companies, Orion West Pty Ltd and Southlink Projects Pty Ltd.
- Acting for various corporate entities in relation to corporate finance facilities and variations to those facilities. Clients include Buzz Products Pty Ltd, Chemring Group PLC and the Australian Childcare Project group of companies.
- Acting for Scottish Pacific Business Finance in respect of the funding for the acquisition of SPC Ardmona which was sold by Coca Cola Amatil.
- Advising Mizuho Bank in a range of trade finance transactions including a bank guarantee facility with John Holland and receivables purchase agreements with various public companies.