Mark has extensive experience in the debt and asset recovery and insolvency spaces, advising corporate and government clients and leading accounting firms involved in challenged financial situations across a wide range of industry segments.
He brings strategic commercial thinking to bear on all his litigation matters, with a particular focus on high volume debt recovery litigation and bankruptcy matters.
Mark has a reputation for providing consistently exceptional client service and a common sense approach to litigation, qualities which he considers essential to delivering excellent outcomes across a substantial portfolio of matters.
Mark’s clients include Deloitte, BMW Group, NCI Commercial Collections, Department of Human Services and Suncorp.
Mark’s expertise includes:
- Debt and asset recovery litigation and enforcement
- Corporate and personal insolvent administrations
- Personal property securities
- National Credit Code
- Contract disputes
- Negligence actions
- Australian Consumer Law
- Product liability
- Building and construction disputes.
- Acting for liquidator in application to terminate winding up of Australian subsidiary of Hong Kong listed entity holding $50m in domestic assets.
- Intervention by liquidator in ACCC proceedings to recover telecommunications business subject to freezing order.
- FEG funded actions to examine parties (including liquidators) associated with phoenix of business and to prosecute insolvent trading action against directors.
- Acting for bankruptcy trustees in cases variously involving fraud against a body corporate; abduction of a bankrupt, his identity theft and fraudulent mortgages; court proceedings to void sham trust arrangements; interventions in family court proceedings; recovery of shareholding in land rich deregistered entity; various anti-avoidance proceedings.
- Acting for manufacturers in defective goods and personal injury claims.
- Acting for financiers in fraud proceedings, including seeking recovery of assets from third parties.
- Numerous enforcement proceedings including winding ups, bankruptcies, injunctions and State based debt enforcement mechanisms.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended Lawyer, Insolvency and Reorganisation Law, Best Lawyers in Australia.