Marc is a Partner at Mills Oakley with a focus on insolvency, recoveries, restructuring, financial services, securities enforcement, LMI & title insurance, and commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
Marc has worked for leading global and national law firms gaining a wealth of experience across a broad spectrum of matters. He has represented and advised major Australian and international banks, lending and financial institutions, leading insurance companies, Australian Government bodies, major Australian and international insolvency firms, corporations, company directors and various stakeholders.
Marc’s experience spans across end-to-end financial services solutions, recoveries, securities enforcement and regulation, all aspects of personal and corporate insolvency (including bankruptcy, liquidation, administration, receivership, restructuring) and banking and commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
He has appeared in various judicial forums (including the Local, District, and Supreme Courts, and the Federal Courts of Australia), and in alternative dispute resolution settings.
Marc is committed to implementing strategies to achieve the best results for clients, inclusive of brand awareness and protection, transparency, along with practical and efficient commercial outcomes.
Marc’s expertise includes:
- Financial services
- Securities enforcement
- LMI & Title insurance
- Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution
- Acting for lending and financial institutions and corporations in contested recovery matters, both secured and unsecured, and on finance transactions, settlements and regulatory matters.
- Acting and advising various stakeholders (including insolvency practitioners, creditors, directors, shareholders, investors, debtors, accountants) in relation to liquidations, voluntary administrations, receiverships and restructures, spanning various industries.
- Acting for liquidators and stakeholders in successfully resolving recoveries actions, and claims in respect of voidable transactions, unfair preferences, insolvent trading, and breaches of directors’ duties, and realising funds for the administration.
- Acting and advising various stakeholders (including administrators, creditors and company directors) on all aspects of the administration process including appointment issues, adjudicating proofs of debt, meeting issues, adjournment of meetings, licence issues, remuneration, deeds of company arrangement.
- Acting for liquidators in successfully realising assets for the benefit of stakeholders of the administration.
- Acting for liquidators and administrators in relation to sale of business, shares and assets.
- Acting for bankruptcy trustees in successfully realising real property interests and assets in both contentious and non-contentious settings.
- Acting for bankruptcy trustees and stakeholders in successfully resolving recoveries actions, claims in respect of void transactions and unfair preferences and realising funds for the bankrupt estate.
Professional Memberships/Accreditation & Activities
- Admitted to practice in NSW and the High Court and the Federal Courts of Australia
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws, Macquarie University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, ANU
- Member, the Law Society of NSW
- Insolvency and Restructuring Committee of the Law Council of Australia
- Australia Philippines Business Council
- ASIC Liaison Committee
- Golden Key International Honour Society