Lucy has over 11 years’ experience in commercial disputes, debt recovery and restructuring and insolvency.
Having practiced in both South Australia and Western Australia, Lucy is an experienced advocate, regularly appearing in the Federal, Supreme and District Courts.
Acting on behalf of financial institutions, insolvency practitioners, directors and individuals across a breadth of disputes, Lucy has particular expertise in litigious and advisory work in the banking and insolvency space and acting on behalf of all parties in debt recovery and enforcement actions.
Lucy provides concise, proactive advice with a focus on commercial solutions, which approach has resulted in a loyal client base.
Lucy’s expertise includes:
- Acting for insolvency practitioners on a variety of external administration appointments
- Conducting voidable transaction claims, insolvent trading claims and other claims available under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
- Advising on debt and secured asset recovery for financial institutions, secured lenders and other creditors
- Advising insolvency practitioners on complex issues such as disclaimers and trusts
- Acting as an advocate at mediations and conferences
- Acting for a Voluntary Administrator in a successful restructure of a company involving a deed of company arrangement and creditors’ trust.
- Acting for a Liquidator of a listed company in respect of an unfair preference claim.
- Advising a Liquidator in relation to priority issues pursuant to the Personal Property Securities Act 2009(Cth)
- Advising a BVI lender and running a multimillion dollar enforcement claim
- Advising a director on his personal liabilities and acting on his behalf in court proceedings defending personal guarantees provided by him for company debts.
Professional Memberships/Accreditation & Activities
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA) Graduate Member