Lisa specialises in litigation and dispute resolution and regularly acts for insurers, private corporations and Government clients. She has varied cross jurisdictional experience, having appeared in pre-litigation and litigation processes in most jurisdictions within Australia.
Having worked in dispute resolution for almost 20 years, Lisa specialises in claims management and advises clients on a broad range of business-critical issues including insurance, public and product liability, workers compensation, commercial disputes, professional indemnity and medical negligence.
Lisa takes a practical approach when advising clients, and places a strong emphasis on providing quality advice that compliments and accords with the overall business strategy and commercial restraints of her clients. Her focus is on strategic thinking and partnering with clients to plan and deliver on core goals.
Lisa’s advice is regularly sought in relation to complex personal injury claims (both involving tort ad statutory schemes), indemnity issues and liability disputes.
Lisa’s expertise includes:
- Personal injury claims
- Workers’ Compensation
- Public and products liability
- Medical negligence
- Historical civil compensation claims
- Recovery claims
- Royal Commission work
- Successfully defended recovery proceedings commenced by an insurer that required detailed knowledge of the technical aspects of the client’s equipment and analysis of expert opinion in relation to causation.
- Conducted various litigated and non-litigated claims on behalf of various Commonwealth Departments in relation to personal injury and public liability actions.
- Conducted numerous public liability claims in relation to injuries sustained on building sites with multiple parties and complex cross-claims and contractual disputes involved.
- Acted for a large multinational company in relation to a claim for damages exceeding $13M arising from a building fire.
- Acted for the Commonwealth Government in relation to an ICT contract dispute and associated termination for convenience clause, in which damages exceeding $16M were claimed.
Professional Memberships/Accreditation & Activities
- Elected Councillor of the ACT Law Society