Jason has a wealth of experience in advising banks and other financial lenders, insolvency practitioners, boards, senior management and shareholders. He advises on a range of banking and finance issues, including secured and unsecured recoveries, insolvency, restructuring, turnaround and governance matters.
Jason is renowned for his exceptional client service and commercial approach to resolving matters in order to obtain the best outcomes for his clients, whilst at the same time calling upon his vast litigation experience when required.
Jason’s deep understanding of the finance industry, regulatory environment and daily internal pressures facing his clients enables him to tailor his services efficiently.
Jason’s expertise includes:
- Unsecured and secured debt recovery
- Security reviews and enforcement strategies
- General commercial litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Advising Bank of Queensland Limited, Westpac Banking Corporation, Australian and New Zealand Banking Group and Bendigo & Adelaide Bank Limited in relation to a range of ongoing retail and commercial loan book recoveries and strategies.
- Successfully acting for a financier in the Supreme Court of Queensland, Queensland Court of Appeal and the High Court in defending an action brought by a customer to set aside loan and security agreements.
- Advising Grant Thornton in relation to a complex receivership involving multiple quarry businesses having both real property and leasehold premises and concerning a range of PPSA and environmental issues.
- Advising financiers and insolvency accountants on recovering assets and debt owed under numerous types of floor plan and equipment finance facilities.