Dale is one of Australia’s leading commercial litigation lawyers. He has 25 years’ experience practising almost exclusively in this area, successfully conducting over 120 trials in the Supreme and Federal Courts of Australia.
Dale is well known to both his clients and the industry at large for his commercial approach to the law, using his skill set to achieve a result for his client with or without recourse to the courts. He provides a unique commitment to clients’ problems using a range of tactics and strategies to achieve the desired outcome. Dale is a problem solver with the skill and experience to bring a new perspective to any problem.
Dale’s expertise includes:
- Property disputes
- General commercial disputes with a particular expertise in banking, mining and tax litigation
- Acting for a wide range of clients including property developers; mining and resources giants; banks; airports; pharmacies; and child care organisations.
- Acting for a developer client in large scale litigation over the Queensland Tennis Centre development at Tennyson.
- Pursuing Channel 9 in two separate defamation actions.
- Acting as the the principal advisor to major mining participants in the Bowen Basin.
- Acting for clients against Peabody Resources and Macarthur Coal.
- Acting for large inbound tour operators in disputes with the Commissioner of Taxation.
- Acting on a Claim for $150m in the Federal Court related to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Advising Brisbane Airport Corporation following the collapse of Air Australia.
- Acting for the joint venture constructing the Clem 7 Tunnel in numerous disputes.