Ivana has over 10 years’ experience in complex commercial disputes and restructuring and insolvency in Victoria and Tasmania.
After being based in Melbourne for most of her career, Ivana now resides in Hobart. Ivana has extensive experience in conducting wide ranging commercial litigation in the Victorian and Tasmanian Supreme Courts and the Federal Court of Australia. Her insolvency practice extends to litigious and advisory work for insolvency practitioners, company directors and secured and unsecured creditors.
With an approachable manner, Ivana prides herself on her diligence and sound technical skills. Her approach to her work is always with her client’s commercial objectives front of mind.
- Insolvency litigation including liquidators’ public examinations, voidable transaction and insolvent trading claims and pooling arrangements
- Voluntary administration, deed administration, creditors’ trust and company receiverships
- Acting for company directors and shareholders in relation to claims made under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), including for breaches of directors’ duties and shareholder claims for relief from oppressive conduct
- Debt enforcement including service of Statutory Demands
- Advising in relation to ATO enforcement action
- Disputes arising under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth)
- Claims made pursuant to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), including the Australian Consumer Law
- Acting in relation to breach of contract, breach of trust and professional negligence claims
- Acting for a Voluntary Administrator in a successful restructure of an unlisted public company involving a deed of company arrangement and creditors’ trust.
- Advising a secured trade creditor in relation to priority of payment issues arising following the insolvency of a major customer.
- Acting for Voluntary Administrators appointed over a telecommunications software development business.
- Advising a Liquidator in relation to related party claims available in an insolvent winding up.
Professional Memberships/Accreditation & Activities
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA) Professional Member.