Gavin has over 20 years of experience advising clients on corporate and commercial law matters.
He advises publicly and privately owned corporate clients on both regulated and unregulated transactions, including fundraising, acquisitions, divestments, investments and restructuring.
Gavin is recognised as a specialist in advising companies on managing risks, liabilities and opportunities in commercial contracts.
Gavin’s career experience includes working as in-house legal counsel for Qantas Airways Limited (an ASX 50 company). From this, he brings a first-hand appreciation of the importance of providing sensible, pragmatic advice that satisfies commercial drivers and achieves desired business outcomes.
Gavin is valued by clients and their advisors for his ability to find practical solutions to legal and commercial problems.
He is the Author and Editor of the LexisNexis Practical Guidance series on private treaty transactions, takeovers and schemes of arrangement.
Before joining Mills Oakley in 2012, Gavin’s career included roles with leading global law firms in Sydney and Perth, in a specialist corporate advisory practice and with Qantas as in-house counsel.
Gavin’s expertise includes:
- Health and aged care
- Mining Services
- Advised Link Administration Holdings Limited (ASX: LNK) on its successful consortium bid for Property Exchange Australia Ltd (PEXA).
- Advised Link Property Pty Ltd on its proposed demerger from Link Administration Holdings and contemporaneous listing on ASX.
- Advised on the proposed sell down of Link Property’s interest in PEXA.
- Advised Capral Limited (ASX: CAA) on Allegro Funds’ proposed change of control transaction by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Advised on the takeover defence of Universal Coal plc (formerly ASX: UNV).
- Advised on long term cross-border aircraft leases for members of Babcock International Group plc (BAB: LSE) and Cobham plc.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Ranked Lawyer, Band 2, Aviation, Chambers Asia-Pacific
- Recommended Lawyer, Corporate & M&A, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Recommended Lawyer, Aviation, Asia Pacific Legal 500
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,