James has significant experience providing legal advice to clients in respect of mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, warranty & indemnity (W&I) insurance, corporate restructures, regulatory compliance, capital raisings, corporate governance, commercial contracting and general corporate advice in Australia.
James has acted for clients in numerous sectors of the economy, including technology, media, entertainment and telecommunications, financial services, industrial, insurance and private equity and has worked for clients based in a number of jurisdictions.
James’s expertise includes:
- Private M&A
- Public M&A
- Warranty & Indemnity Insurance (W&I)
- Joint Ventures
- Corporate Reconstructions
- Commercial Contracting
- Corporate Governance
- Acted for Link, Commonwealth Bank and Morgan Stanley in respect of their AUD1.6 billion acquisition of PEXA from various State Governments and financial institutions.
- Acted for Discovery Communications’ in its attempted acquisition of Network Ten in joint venture with Foxtel.
- Acted for Webjet in its AUD332 million acquisition of JacTravel, a Europe based wholesaler of hotel rooms and Group tours and its AUD240 million acquisition of Destinations of the World, a B2B accommodation wholesale platform based in Dubai.
- Acted for Liberty/Ironshore, AIG, TMHCC, Berkley and Fusion in respect of the provision of Warranty & Indemnity Insurance on well over one hundred Australian private M&A transactions.
- Acted for Accel-KKR’s acquisition of Agentbox, the No.1 real estate CRM solution in Australia.
- Acted in respect of the AUD830 million sale of the Masters Hardware business to Home Consortium.
- Acted for KKR in respect of its AUD8.2 billion joint venture with Varde, Deutsche Bank in respect of GE Money Australia.
- Acted for Freedom Foods in negotiating several farming joint ventures.
- Acted for Oath (formerly Yahoo) in the restructuring of its huffingtonpost.com.au joint venture with Fairfax Media.
- Acted in respect of the sale of the payments technology company, Ezidebit, to Global Payments Inc.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended Lawyer, Corporate and M&A, The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific.
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,