Mark has extensive experience in the provision of corporate, commercial and governance legal services and acts for a number of Australia’s leading companies and peak bodies across a broad range of industries including professional services, health, technology, transport and manufacturing.
Mark’s practice focuses on the key stages of the business lifecycle – from startup structuring, to raising capital, to managing growth and investor entries/exits, through to eventual business exit and succession planning.
He is renowned for his ability to resolve highly complex matters for his clients with a clear, concise and highly commercial approach. Mark’s clients appreciate his strategic approach to their matters and his team’s exceptional standards for client service.
He brings particular expertise in mergers & acquisitions, capital raising, corporate structuring and governance advisory and regularly advises the boards of major companies and industry peak bodies on significant matters affecting their businesses. Mark’s clients include leading national and international IT, cybersecurity, accounting, fintech, aviation, automotive and healthcare services companies.
Mark’s expertise includes:
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Capital raising and private equity.
- Shareholder and unitholder related matters.
- Corporate governance and boardroom advisory.
- Corporations Act & regulatory compliance.
- Commercial law and contracts.
- Intellectual property.
- Acting for a leading Australian fintech company on a major capital raise and investment by an S&P 500 listed strategic partner.
- Acting on the sale of a large private cybersecurity company to an ASX listed industry leader.
- Advising a leading IT services group on multiple Australian acquisitions and various Corporations Act compliance issues.
- Acting for a leading industry peak body to manage an investigation into a significant conflict of interest dispute at board level.
- Acting for a leading government contractor on the development and implementation of a full governance and reporting framework suite of policies and documentation.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Chair of the ACT Advisory Board of the National Heart Foundation of Australia.
- Fellow of the National Heart Foundation of Australia.
- Former Chair of the ACT Advisory Board of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).
- Former Chair of the Bruton Basketball Foundation.
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.