Dean has over 10 years’ experience with the Mills Oakley Commercial Disputes & Insolvency team. Dean has particular expertise in restructuring and insolvency matters (both litigious and non-litigious), security and priority issues and the Personal Property Securities Act (2009), and has experience advising in relation to all aspects of external administration.
Dean prides himself on providing sound technical advice in a succinct manner, and is trusted by his clients to provide strategic and commercial advice.
Dean acts for a wide range of clients including insolvency practitioners, secured lenders, creditors, debtors, directors and shareholders.
Dean’s expertise includes:
- Advising on a variety of technical issues relating to the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth)
- Advising on debt and secured asset recovery for financial institutions, secured lenders and other creditors
- Acting for insolvency practitioners on all types of external administration appointments, including complex issues such as disclaimers and trusts
- Conducting public examinations, voidable transaction claims and other claims available under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
- Advising on issues relating to the insolvency of trustees, including rights of indemnity against trust assets and priority issues
- Advising on directors’ duties
- Providing advice to a federal government department on the operation of Part 5.6 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and the interplay with the law of set-off.
- Advising the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited and Payton Capital Pty Ltd on security, debt recovery and enforcement related issues.
- Acting for a Voluntary Administrator in a successful restructure of a company involving a deed of company arrangement and creditors’ trust.
- Application for transfer of shares under section 444GA of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
- Advising the Administrators of Ishka and Moorabool Valley Eggs.
- Advising the Receivers & Managers appointed to Amerind Pty Ltd.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association Professional Member